Are American accents ugly to people that aren’t American?

When I hear English accents I think they are super cute and sexy and same with German accents and French accents.. but I feel like American accents like mine are just ugly ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ please let me know what you think about this!
Updates:
I guess ugly is quite harsh. I don’t think they’re terrible, just not as cute as other accents haha

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• That's because you got used to it and it feels repetitive for you as it's your first tool of communication.

From my experience, i've heard many people actually like American accents. However, as someone mentioned in the comments, we do have so many accents. With that said, i've had this Italian guy and he told me i don't even sound American and he was kinda feeling weird with it and it happened to me for the first time in my entire life! so don't know what American accent he used to hear before! this can happen to, different American accents might face different reactions!!

And i agree with you! specially on German! i love German!

1|0
    0|0
  • It just depends on the accent. Like the southern accent is cute to me

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There are probably at least a hundred American accents. They vary by a lot. So it's kind of hard to collectively call them ugly or anything else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some are, yes.

I really dislike the ones from the North East. The whole 'Noo Joysey' thing really grates on me.

Southern accents are the best, and I'm more neutral about the others.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I agree, Iโ€™m from California so I have a basic boring American accent haha

• Show All
    • It sounded to me just like a nondescript West Coast accent, but my American friend said it was a typical 'valley girl' accent, lol.

• Oh haha yeah valley girl accents are annoying

• People like you are often just attracted to the novelness. I find certain voices more appealing than accents.

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think it's much different than people liking a certain purse brand more because it's rarer.

• Yeah I actually agree with you about the voice being more appealing :)

• The emotion behind their voice

• I'm English and I actually really like female American accents ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

1|1
    0|0
    • Good to know! Haha but English accents are literally the best

• I know people who like American accents better than British ones. You will never know who might like it. ๐Ÿ˜„

I personally find American accents to be okay, certainly better than more Eastern ones (aka Middle East). ๐Ÿ˜…

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you don't have the stereotypical LA accent lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Next to my school, there is a bar, and we usually go tgere after school to drink a coffee or smth, and there are usually some tourists, and if they have an American, or a British accent, im just sitting there and listening, i guess, its so beautiful๐Ÿ˜…

1|0
    0|0
  • im with you... they kinda get on my nerves but not so much i wouldn't talk to an American

1|0
    0|0
  • I find it quite hot. Except Valley Girl accent, that's retarded.

1|0
    0|0
  • Here an my country we are focusing on the American accent, it's better to make you find a better job.
    Anyway it's lite and cool.

1|0
    0|0
    • thats ironic because if you come from egypt you have a lot less chance of long term entry into america than you do western Europe

• All accents are unique to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully they're a big hit to the world

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm walkin here

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends which part of the US your from.

1|0
    0|0
  • it is for me lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes