Do you think a woman wearing revealing clothing is "asking for it"?

I think that's the dumbest shit. When it comes to sexual assault or rape, people like to say the girl was 'asking for it' if she happened to be wearing revealing clothing. I don't think a woman is asking for it unless she... asks for it?
A woman can be an entire stripper, dancing half naked on a pole, and it's STILL not an invitation to go rape her. whats wrong with you
Yes of course wearing more revealing clothes gets you attention, but I just have a problem when people say "You could of avoided this by wearing different clothes" to a victim.
A woman shouldn't have to wear a turtleneck 24/7 to avoid rape. are all women supposed to go to clubs or parties completely covered from her heads to her ankles?

2549

Most Helpful Guys

• If I ride my bicycle in the woods during hunting season with bambi antlers and a target on my back, am I asking for anything.
    Can I leave my garage door down all week with all my stuff exposed and noone will take it? food for thought.

Women are assaulted even if they aren't dressed up or revealing, so it isn't one attribute. Women should be able to wear what they want and not be assaulted because they look good and inviting... and lets be honest, when they dress nice, or expose their body, our eyes go to them if they look good. The problem is this is a fallen world and men can be corrupt, lustful and some don't obey boundaries. some are on meds others should be and are not in their right minds. Anyone can be a target, more likely because of how they project themselves, but look at the woman in mexico who was kidnapped and killed. makes me ill.

she isn't asking for it, but she is drawing eyes and some of these eyes are connected to warped minds.

• No. Nor do I believe it's an excuse even if they have dressed in a manner I find slutty or trampy. There are however, things women can control as to not get raped, namely by not being stupid, going out at night in bad neighborhoods, taking a stranger up on an offer at the bar etc.
    Yes, they often say, "we should be able to do this and that", well there's a whole bunch of things everyone ideally should be able to do, but can't. Because the world isn't perfect. So you need to employ some common sense.

Most Helpful Girls

• Women would most likely wear revealing clothing because they want to be checked out or just looked good. But doesn't mean they are like "oh ya today I'm going to wear provocative clothes cause I'd love to be raped" doesn't work that way. People who think they are asking for it are really screwed up and are probably the type of people who believe rape is okay. Really fucked up. No one wants to be raped. If they wanted to be fucked, then it wouldn't be called raped. So no, I disagree that they are asking for it. They aren't.

• not at all. its a RAPISTS fault for raping not a girls.