Have you ever totaled a car?

I’ve been in five accidents since I was 16. My first car was cursed, I swear, had four accidents in that car.
Been some time now but I ended up in a car accident Friday afternoon. Both cars involved are totaled, I’m guessing. Based on mine being totaled I’m sure there’s is as they basically have no front end left.

My poor car! 😭
My poor car! 😭
(As far as I know the other people walked away. I went to the hospital but was out within four or five hours after tests and drugs.)

Were you hurt?
Did you have any issues driving after the accident, like anxiety? If so, did it stop and how long did it take?

0|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Twice... Not Once was My No Fault. xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I totaled my 2002 Ford Explorer back about five years ago...
    Evidently someone bought it and fully fixed it up , almost as good as new. Considering the frame and axle was bent. Seen it on the road a few times , like holy hell that is cool they fixed it. I had dents , pits and scratches and a dent on the bumper where one can tell it apart from others...
    Long story short , i was ok as was the other driver. Her van was also totaled

1|0
    0|0
    • Uhhg that sucks. Glad everyone was ok though.

• Show All
    • Good to know. Thanks. It kind of sucks because i drive that road to get everywhere. So having to avoid it for a while is going to be a pain but I was kind of thinking that’s what I’d have to do for a while.

• It takes a while... baby steps.
      You'll be ok in time

• I have a feeling that you or your driving is to blame for why you’ve been in 5 accidents since you were 16. The first thing I thought of was dating, specifically breakups. If you’ve been on 5 dates and those 5 have gone horribly wrong, perhaps it wasn’t the people you were dating who is to receive the attention, but maybe there’s something going on with you that is the culprit. I could be wrong, I’m just stating my opinion. Maybe you should do careful analysis as to what could be wrong with your car or driving skills.

Also, no, I have not totaled a car before.

0|1
    2|1
    • lol funny you’d think that considering I was ticketed for a single one.
      1) driving by parked cars, I had the right of way. A Jeep Cherokee backed out into my back door.
      2) stopped at a stop light, a dodge Dakota put my trunk into my back seat
      3) a moron I knew decided to jump on the back of my moving car and went through my back window
      4) this one was me, I pulled out not seeing a car because it was kind of behind another car. Got tboned and ticketed for that. Total on me.
      5) driving down a 55mph road a car blows a stop sign or something. I don’t really know what the hell the guy did. But you can see above what happened. Also not ticketed for this one
      So...

• I've fell asleep behind the wheels after a long night. Hit some fences and really totalled my car. Luckily i only had the airbag in my face. And no other injuries.
    Never had anxieties with driving. I just dont drive alone anymore if i stayed up very late. I race on the roads. Especially in germany 155mph on the deutsche autobahn. So i know that i can drive i had just bad luck with my accident.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven’t totaled any car yet but I did put a nice big dent in the rear bumper of my moms car when I was 16 by accidentally hitting someone’s tire on their lifted truck. No damage to the other vehicle as I just hit the tire but my mom made me pay for the bumper repair on her car for $1500.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never been in an accident... since i been driving from 16 years old until now 41.

1|1
    0|1
    • I hope your streak lasts all your life. It’s not fun at all.

• I bet you are right not fun with having to deal with insurances, the people involve and health wise from the accident. Lots to consider. Hope ill be off the roads before any car accident happensto me. Lol. Hope you were ok, from your accident. Take it easy and enjoy life. 😊🙂

• I've been in one, we were in a traffic jam and it just barely started going again, so we drove 40ish km/h. Everyone was speeding up, breaking, speeding up again.. etc. So when I saw someone break, I slowed down too. Unfortunately, he had decided to stop on the highway, for no particular reason. I noticed it too late and even though I still managed to break, it had just rained and my car slipped. Poof. No one was hurt, they had a small dent, my car was totalled.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't personally. I've been in a car when the driver totalled it though. It lasted a long ass time afterward (though always with some weird minor issues so it was in the shop a lot)

1|0
    0|0
  • One, and a few fender benders. somebody blew a light and smoked my truck, and I’ve been rear ended a few times. Wrecked a few sleds too.

Never hurt in a car, my knee bugs me sometimes and a suspect that’s related to one of my sled crashes.

1|0
    0|0
  • When my parents brought their car to get it fixed, they got home by a lent car which my brother was allowed to drive. Entering the highway, he left the accelerating lane too early and crashed sideways into a car trying to pass by. It might have looked like the one in the picture above.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes a truck I rolled and broke my neck and should've been dead according to the fire department who cut me out and a car I hit a dear with

1|0
    0|0
  • The only accidents I've been in have been very minor. I once slid on ice and bumped a car in front of me at a light at about 5 mph... no damage to either car. The only other one was when someone backed into my car while I was getting gas.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, the only auto accident I’ve been in when when I was like 6 or 7 sitting in the back of a van in a parking lot and an old bag slowly backed up into my mom’s van when she ran inside to get stuff from Dunkin Donuts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve been in a tractor accident 10 years ago and lost my right leg and from then I’ve been into another 5 accidents that I’ve gout out with no injuries. But the cars damaged totally, I hope your 👌 sometime this happens.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I rolled it. I was told many times the only reason I didn't die in the accident was pure luck. I now have nagging back pain as a daily reminder of the crash.

1|0
    0|0
  • According to statistics, drivers will get into 3 accidents in their lifetime.

You are just unlucky, the only way to avoid accidents is to predict danger zones but it takes many years of experience if you don't drive a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your car isn’t cursed. Youure just a terrible driver.

0|0
    2|1
    • Nope. Sorry. I already broke down my accidents to someone else who tried to say that. One was my fault. Thanks for playing. Bye.

• Whatever helps you sleep at night

• It’s so cute how you seem to think you know everything when you really don’t.
      I don’t need to tell myself anything to sleep at night, the police said enough with the tickets they handed out and to which person they went to and what my car insurance had to say about it. Basically, they both said” not your fault” for all but one so...
      Fuck off now. Bye.

• No. My friends car was totaled out after it was stolen. There was hardly any damage but he had chicken in a cooler in the trunk. They found it a month later and it smelled so bad that the insurance totaled it

0|0
    0|0
  • i haven't ever totaled a car or been in an accident that wasn't entirely the other driver's fault

1|0
    0|0
  • I did, A BMW drowned at 50 meter from our front door.
    Tthe street was flooded and I knew it only when the engine stopped.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah. after 12 years of used, the repairs needed to make it through the
    inspection would have cost more than a new car.

1|0
    0|0
  • Had plenty near misses but never actually crashed, which is good going considering I always drive on the edge

1|0
    0|0
  • In 2008 I rear ended another vehicle and damaged my first car. I could not repair it so I had to sell it at a loss.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes but by the name of God I was fine and walked away with only a few bruises‼️

1|0
    0|1
  • Never been in serious car accident i am sorry to hear about
    your misfortune.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I did total a semi truck and trailer and load once but that was my push truck drivers fault

1|0
    0|0
  • my 1st used car, a 1981 toyota corolla, was involved in a t-bone accident

1|0
    0|0
  • Holy shit, glad you're okay.
    I've been in a few but not with another vehicle. Nothing serious.

1|0
    0|0
  • Car wasn't absolutely totaled but when i was little like age 6 my mom and i were in the car and a deer came from nowhere and tried to jump over the hood. He bashed up the hood and broke the headlight. The car is mine now and it still has the dent in the hood.

Back in the 90s my dad had a little nissan truck, now that shit was totalled. The front was like destroyed but he still drove it around for a very long time with it like that. Lol. He never got hurt luckily. I don't know how it got wrecked though

0|0
    0|0
  • haha yeah. I got out without a scratch. Good times.

0|0
    0|0
    • Full disclosure: I was without a car for a few months but after that I was fine. I remembered to drive slower on a wet road though.

• Nope but my mom and step-dad did.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1car a four wheeler and golf cart 👌

0|1
    0|0
  • 3 cars and a motorcycle

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn’t the lady who hit me did.

1|0
    0|0