Why is such a big deal if a girl wants to pay her half in a date?

Or even if she wants to be chivalrous Why? We can also can be respectful

Can women be chivalrous?
Can women be chivalrous?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It's not a big deal I think some guys want to impress the girl and make her happy if he offers to pay for the whole date. A girl splitting the bill shows she is not cheap and not a free loader.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Some men say it’s great if a woman pays half of it.

Others say it makes them feel emasculated.

Others say nothing but still feel emasculated.

So, to answer your question I have no idea. It depends on the guy I guess. Smh

3|3
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal... I split bills all the time unless it's a personal favor, their birthday, etc.

One exception was when I knew her card had been stolen so she didn't want to go out for dinner (or eat at all) so I offered to pay for it, which she insisted she would pay me back for, but I never asked her to, and she never did.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm somewhat traditional in some ways, and always liked to pay for a date. It's also because I normally made significantly more than those I have dated, and thus could afford it better. However, if she really wanted to pay for her half, etc., then that's OK. Actually, I never had an issue with this, as I'm low key and not pushy, just treated women with simple respect and caring, and they were comfortable. It was never the "I'm the man" kind of thing.

1|0
    0|1
  • Just be thankful she doesn't make you pay for it all every time

You gots a good woman, don't let her go.

But anyways it has to do with true feminism; you know, where everybody's treated equally and women aren't the ones getting all the glory.

Ya feel me?

1|0
    0|0
  • I always go dutch but I did not know mainland, china pay all to girls.
    You know girls always say this clothes is beautiful. It means that you have to buy. My reaction was ooooo.
    I did not know, they start to be angry. Date is so, did not you that?
    WTF actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • Welcome to Gag Town and Best of Luck.
    There is no Problem in Going "Dutch Treat" If you Both have Discussed it at the Table or where ever you Meet.
    However, On a First Date, I have Never Had to Pull out my Purse. xx

0|0
    0|1
  • It pisses guys off cause it almost always means she doesn't want a second date. As fucked up as this is, girls do this as in her mind it frees her from the guy feeling entitled to have sex with her because he paid for her meal.

On the other hand if the girl offers to pay for the whole bill then it's a very strong sign she likes you cause she thinks she's found a catch and is trying to buy your approval of her. Kinda like how some pathetic guys buy girls expensive gifts to try get with her.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't see it as a big deal but I guess the guys just like being nice and paying for it. I'll always split the bill.

2|1
    0|0
  • I feel like a woman should pay her half, why the hell should the guy pay? How sexist.

1|0
    0|0
    • I mean that
      If a woman wants to be chivalrous
      It shouldn't be seen as a bad thing

• I think some guys, who have been brought up to pay the bill will find it rude and like you don't think enough of them. Simply explain them that it makes you feel better.

0|0
    0|1
  • It depends on the guy. Guys who are more into traditional dating would find it a turn off, but guys more open to modern dating would like it. You can't lump everyone into one category.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just pay cause i hate feeling like i owe a guy something for the meal. Its scary when guys thing you owe them sex because of dinner that THEY OFFERED to pay for

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not, I'd rather have a girl that pays like the relationship is a partnership instead of me feeling like I'm only there to financially support her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wouldn't mind. It would actually let me trust her more and on the next date i would be more willing to return the favor. Definitely a nice and welcome gesture in today's climate.

1|0
    1|0
  • If the woman tries to pay for her meal separately I feel like it's her saying she didn't enjoy the date, but is respectful enough not to leave me with the bill.

0|1
    0|2
  • It's a folkway in most cultures for a man to cover the bill.

2|0
    1|1
  • In my experience if she doesn't let you pay for her that usually means she only sees you as a friend.

0|0
    2|1
  • Cause most guys want to show off that they can handle it I guess.

2|1
    0|2
  • Thats not big deal in countries like Sweden, Germany etc where there is split bill concept always there

1|1
    0|0
  • Who made you look like its a big deal?
    You must question them first...

Thats not a matter of respectful.

1|0
    0|0
  • It not a big deal but I'm an old fashioned guy. But if the girl insists. I'd say I pay thus time and if there is ever a second date you pay for that one

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a big deal on any date other than the 1st date. The man pays on date # 1

0|0
    2|2
    • @ecfresh
      Why should a, guy pay for both on the first date?

• Show All
    • What if she asks him out 🤷‍♀️

• If she asks him out then it doesn’t matter who pays. That means he has already sparked enough interest in her and she has an idea of where things are going. I know in 2019 things are continuing to be progressive, however I still believe most women prefer the man takes the lead.

• Obligation of chivalry, men tend to be raised with an obligation to protect women, and paying the whole bill is a show of that, to the man anyway

0|0
    0|1
  • This is more for the first date, but it usually signals that there isn't gonna be another date.

0|1
    0|2
  • It's not bad, it's actually good and shows you want to be on the date as much as the guy does.

1|0
    0|0
  • If she says so... y not..!

Aftr all she is my date ryt!!!
    I must'v liked hr.. no big deal. Chillax b.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask other women. I personally don't mind. I would not pay everything on the first dates, I want to deter gold diggers.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it’s a big deal. Most guys on G@G want the girl to pay for them. They expect it.

0|0
    0|1
  • When was it a big deal? Me and my boyfriend have always taken turns.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not to me. Hell I don't care if she pays for the whole thing. I'm a bum after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal, but when a man asks out a woman, since he asked her out he also feels the responsibility to pay for it.
    After a while guys got used to the fact most women expect men to ask em' out and that because of that men mostly pay, and it became a tradition that makes us feel good, manly, grown up, responsible and caring.
    But if it matters that much to her I suppose I don't have much of a say in that, but it takes the whole point of him asking her out and making the move and feeling great and all of that...

0|0
    2|1
  • I don't see an issue with it.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's not. If it is the person is controlling.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Exposure of gross stupidity

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never had this happen to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind, it shows she's responsible.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not a big deal for me. Not a problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always pay half of it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because women never do...

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s the guys job to give the money and do stuff for the woman. Not the other way around.

0|0
    5|4

Recommended myTakes