If you see a little kid misbehaving in a store, and their parents aren't around at the moment, would you let the kid know it's not a good thing to do?

I'm at a Barnes and Noble, and for some reason there's a kid who's literally punching the drinking fountain's button because it seems fun to do. His mom or dad is probably in one of the restrooms nearby, and could take awhile before they come out.

I walked away thinking that it's not my problem (it's Barnes and Noble's problem if the drinking fountain gets busted because of the kid), but now I'm thinking I probably should've said something.

What about all of you? What would you do?
  • Of course, it takes a community to raise a kid
  • No, I wouldn't want anyone talking to MY kid, so I wouldn't do it to others

33

Most Helpful Girl

• No, never do that. This is like running up to a bears cub in a forest. You might not see the mother but she'll be there ripping your throat out in a second. It's a bad idea to ever get involved unless the kid is going to get seriously hurt or the parents are abusing it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hell to the no. I'll end up fighting the dad if I get into that kinda thing