Is it bad to be too affectionate?

1|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, though it depends on the specifics on how it’s manifested. Meaning, if your affectionateness means that you allow someone to walk all over you and they feel like they can do what they want with no repercussions, then that would be undesirable for you. In this case “they” can be anyone that you’re too affectionate with. It’s just like not being able to say “no” especially when you need to. If you see how not being able to say “no” is undesirable then it’s comparable to being too affectionate at least how I’m imagining it.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I’ve started to learn that in my culture that’s is so normal but it’s not for other cultures. Latinos, we give hugs and kisses to greet people, we use a lot of endearing words to show warmth to family, friends but in other cultures, it’s weird to be show that kind of warmth I guess.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I'm touch oriented so I love affection and give it freely. But there are people who can't handle that much. As well, if it has the wrong energy about it... that is... I nned from you, as opposed to I'm giving to you, then yes, it starts to feel bad and akwards.

There's also... mystery... that is, no matter how well you know the other, keep some mystery and surprise in it to keep interest up. can do that lots of ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • It honestly depends on how affectionate it is. If it's to the point where it gives someone no personal space what so ever then it can be bad. But if someone is really affectionate to a reasonable degree I think it can be a good thing. It shows that, that person is very kind and even caring.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you make sure the other person is ok with it. I am the most affectionate person I know. I never say no to a hug and I LOVE cuddling as much as people will let me. I know some people who don't like hugs so I just don't hug them. As long as all parties involved are ok with it, all is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's subjective and differs from person to person. If I can't walk for 5 minutes without carrying a human backpack... yeah that's annoying.

Or if I set out to watch a movie with a girl and don't get to watch it cuz she wants to snog for the duration of it.. yeah.. you better beleive that's a paddling..

0|0
    0|0
  • No way! Not for you at least lol. If there’s anyone that doesn’t like it, they naturally will avoid it I’m sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's annoying and a lot of people aren't like that so you will get the cold shoulder a lot. When it comes to PDA it gets a little out of hand and people will say stuff to you about it

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the people ur affectionate to, if they're close then it's alright, but it'd be weird if u were really affectionate to people u just met, yk?

1|0
    0|0
  • There is a time and place for everyting.
    That is not a problem as long as the timing is right. Try to be too affectionate with an agry person can backfire spectacularly. With someone in the mood for it is the best thing ever!

0|0
    0|0
  • As someone who has suffered from this himself, yes. People may begin to wonder about you... If you are female, you may attract the wrong kind of attention from the wrong kind of people with the wrong ideas about you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Awh hell nah. Affectionate is the best. As long as it doesn´t get to the point where the girl is needy 100% of the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel it depends on the person, if that person is down for that then it's good, however some people find that overwhelming. So long as that person it's aight and likes it then it's sound

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Its a positive trait, but people can take advantage of your affection.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Being affectionate is required in a healthy relationship. If your a little too affectionate, it won't be a bad thing but it might be clingy lol. Especially if your significant other has a different way of expressing love.

• as long as you know where to draw the line, keep the hugs coming lol i love hugs

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so, unless you get too close towards someone that doesn't feel comfortable enough to receive your affection.

1|0
    0|0
  • Never. It will never be bad to be "too"(no such thing) affectionate.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on who you're being affectionate with. That's sort of frowned upon in the workplace, for instance.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, it's not bad. It can be slightly overwhelming though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not think there is anything wrong with it, if fact, I love affection personally.😊

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Some people, probably especially guys, fear it will look like or lead to things like same sex relationships, but I don’t think that’s going to be the case unless they start kissing them or something.

• 4d

@clampfan101
      I certainly agree.

• Sometimes we expect the same level of affection back

1|0
    0|0
  • no, just be mindful of where you are at and who might be watching — in some situations it can be inappropriate

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the person. I don't mind affection as long as it's genuine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes when you put people on a pedestal they get on top of you, they treat you like crap.

Though there are rare people this does not apply for.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes for people that are not really into it. I only hug my Boyfriend, my family and my best friend. Others rather not

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the people involved. We all have a different threshold when it comes to what we're comfortable with.

0|0
    0|0
  • In the beginning, yes. It's a good thing in the long run, but you need to keep it in check as the relationship build up.

0|1
    0|0
  • It can be bad at some point. It becomes annoying as well especially since I'm not affectionate.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no..
    I will gift my girl 2 bells one for Hug and other one for attention!..

0|0
    0|0
  • BAD? No, but that doesn't mean that everyone finds it equally attractive in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on the girl they can become bored with you if you overdo it

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah we are all suffering so much, every hug can save a life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope not a problem at all.
    I could use some of that

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say it is bad.
    Some people like that.
    Some do not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Only in summer. In winter I'd rather be close and snuggle all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all!

1|1
    0|0
  • It's not bad to be affectionate.

1|0
    0|0
  • Enabling is Worse. lolxx

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but clingy is not good

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I dont think so its bad

1|0
    0|0
  • No such thing as "too affectionate".

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I can be very affectionate too lol

1|0
    0|0
  • No cause hug can make a person day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its bad if its excess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone needs different amounts

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. It can get overly annoying

0|1
    0|0
  • Anything in excess is harmful

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I love affection.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes YES.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that sends me running out the door.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'm extremely affectionate.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes