What are your thoughts on having a deceased man's baby (post mortem sperm retrieval)?

The first time I ever thought of this was when researching stuff on test tube babies and I found out about the ethical question of using the sperm of a donor who's deceased. Recently I came across a video on post mortem sperm retrieval where a dead man's sperm is retrieved, ideally within 24 hours of death.

What are your thoughts on this? Is it fair for the man? Is it fair for the child? Is it okay for mankind? How important is the man's consent and his family's consent?

• It is totally fine if his family/wife wants it. It is understandable why one would want to do it.
  • It is fine only if the man has given consent to it when he was alive, kind of like organ donors. He has the right to decide it for himself without anyone else's interference.
  • It is never okay. Whoever is gone is gone and it is not at all ethical to try to keep a part of him alive in this method. It is not fair for the child either.
    Vote C
6d
Question: What if the man has given official consent BUT his wife/girlfriend doesn't like the idea of it herself? Like she isn't willing to get pregnant that way or have a baby that way at all.
6d
I personally don't agree with this. The thought of reproducing from a person who is no more living is so wrong, doesn't matter if the sperm was collected before or after death. Whoever is gone, is gone. My religion forbids this but besides that I can see why it is that way. Reproducing from dead people is not a good idea.

522