What is the scariest thing you’ve been through?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I am not sure what's the scariest. But a few months ago I was doing a jump on a ski lift and there was an icy patch. It flipped me up the wrong way, and I flew through the air and landed on the edge on my back. I could barely breathe, and thought my back was broken and I had internal bleeding. That was pretty terrifying.

Thankfully, it was neither. Just very bad muscle and bone bruising, with the breath getting knocked out of me.

3|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I remember you mentioned this to me but not in so much detail! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
      How are you feeling now?

• Show All
    • 6d

Good! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

• 5d

Thanks for the MHO!

• Loosing my brother

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

That must have been terrifying! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• Show All
    • 6d

Wow, great attitude! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• 6d

It was instinct for me. Although it was daunting tell people who phoned up his fate

Most Helpful Girls

• Kidnapped. Traumatic. But at least im lucky because they didn't even touch me inappropriately.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Holy smokes! I can't imagine. Were they looking for a ransom or something?

• Show All
    • 6d

Yes. So blessed that im still alive and they didn't blew my head off. One of them were too harsh though, tosses me off the floor and hit my arms multiple times because i was bitching about them. I thought stuffs like that happens only in movies

• 6d

Wow. I hope the experience has made you stronger. And maybe better in whatever other ways you need as well

• Rollover car accident in pitch blackness during wintertime

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• When I was in the 8th grade I fell out of a willow tree while trying to climb up a slick branch.

I fell about 25 feet and did three backflips mid air before seeing the group up under me from behind. Then I blacked out.

I broke all four of the bones in my forearms in both arms. I had two full arm casts, a broken nose and a deviated septum. I also damaged only one of my left wristsโ€™ growth plates during puberty, meaning my left wrist is slightly deformed to this day. I have a scar where my broken bone penetrated my skin like a sharp horn.

My arms looked like forks.

The doctor said I would have broke my neck and died on contact with my wrists didnโ€™t break my fall. All four bones were broken cleaning through and across. The X-ray looked as if someone took a saw to my arms.

This is not me, but itโ€™s basically what I looked like: What is the scariest thing youโ€™ve been through?

1|1
    0|0
  • I used to live in the mountains in Balkans as a kid before moving to Canada. Usually I would herd the sheep every day from where we lived to an enclosed field that rested on a hill and was next to a thick forest. It was a 40-50 min walk away. The place was just beautiful I remember it very fondly. It's like something out of a fairy tale even now when I visit it, it wasn't just cause i was a kid. One day that was supposed to be like any other, a bear came out of the woods and I didn't even look at it for a split second. It scared me so much because it was soooo fast. I just turned around jumped the fence and sprinted nonstop all the way back home, I didn't hear any of the sheep making noises or anything violent with my head turned but I heard them running with their bells. I thought it was chasing me for like the first 2 minutes and would get me at any moment. When I came home I started crying and told my family what happened. My grandpa is a hunter so immediately he grabbed his rifle and hurried to the field. Everyone stayed home including his dog. He came back home and said he only found remains of one sheep and the rest of the sheep were scattered all over the field and the field was huuuuge and some of them were missing too. It was very stressful because he was the only man at home at the time and we had to collect all the sheep before night or we might lose the rest of them to more wild animals too. This was pretty rare to happen in daylight but at night time its much more likely. So he had to ask his neighbors for help and gave two of them a handgun each. They werent hunters and you couldn't bear firearms unless you served in the army and had permit or you didn't have to serve but it was very very expensive to get the permit so he wasn't allowed to do this since his friends didn't have it but the place was remote as hell so it didn't really matter, the police was very strict but crime pretty much never happens in our village so the police come very rarely. They went and couldn't find another three sheep and found one of them stuck in a well, it survived but it had it's leg broken so they put it down. I was 8 years old I think.

1|2
    0|0
  • Going batshit crazy and trying to end my life twice within 12 hours. First time I was rummaging through the garden bush with a broom trying to find and antagonize the snake that had been there all summer to bite me. When that failed I climbed onto the roof of a shopping centre to jump but couldn't go through with it as thoughts of paraplegia went through my mind if I fucked it up. I was shaking and barely able to breathe for the next hour in shock as I drove home having not slept in a fortnight.

2|0
    0|0
  • My last major knee op
    when I got it replaced the hospital not that bad
    rested for 2 weeks the PT Staff at my medical plan
    got a hold of me 8 weeks no crutches or walker.

have a 7'' scar for my trouble.
    and out of pain that's the main thing
    In 1994 blew our my ACL taking something upstairs at work
    missed a step ouch !!

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been in some bad car accidents and almost died a few times. But, honestly, none of that scared me. But when I told a girl I loved her for the first time I almost passed out. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Things didn't work out if you were wondering.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fortunately I haven't been through anything too scary. But this one time I was hiking a trail in the woods by myself and heard something in the woods, I looked into the bush on the side of the trail and saw a bear cub,,, it was like 10 feet in the bush looking at me then ran away. That's not what scared me though, what scared me was the thought of its mother being somewhere nearby, I got out of there fast.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being faced with the possible death of my newborn child 7 years ago and then with a possible aftereffects of his illness. Thank God, all was and still is well

1|0
    0|0
  • Stitches! I cried so hard so sound came out, the tears rolled out like a waterfall it was horrifying! ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

1|0
    0|0
  • Losing my mom, we were so close, she was my friend too.
    Breaking my ankle & dislocated it last year.
    Having surgery when I was a child.
    Been in a kitchen fire.

1|0
    0|0
  • A car accident I was in about three days ago. I was afraid I seriously injured the other person when I smashed into her car.
    Bad news: both our cars were damaged.
    Good News: no one was hurt.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sex. Iโ€™m still a virgin and the thought of a woman touching me seems absolutely terrifying. My hands are getting clammy just taking about it. Awfukbye

1|1
    0|0
  • A woman's handbag. No seriously.. you gals could survive an apocalypse with the stuff in there.

1|1
    0|0
  • Car accident. Riding on the back of a truck , idiot driver thinks its funny to go over 50mph in a field with bumps. I get launched high into the air and my head hits a rock resulting in a concussion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Between being raped and giving birth to my almost nine pound child with my pain meds I canโ€™t really pick.

1|0
    0|0
  • Once when I was a kid I got caught for what seemed toe as an eternity under a big wave in Aruba. I thought I would die.

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably shot at. The stabbings weren't nearly as scary, it was more like that thing isn't supposed to be stuck in me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nearly being murdered by an ex for not wanting to have sex

1|0
    0|0
  • Double jaw surgery. Sexual assault. Physical assault (NEVER),

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Oops. But never got hurt and I was scared of my boyfriend after that but it wasnโ€™t my boyfriend who did it, it was some random guy.

• Had a collapsed lung wing 2 times, 2nd time I almost died... still dealing with depressions from that day

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I was in the military so I've seen some pretty scary things over there

1|1
    0|0
  • Being mugged at gun point then stabped with a knife. I almost died

1|0
    0|0
  • Cut myself in a sensitive area while shaving. That experience changed me.

1|1
    0|0
  • I just thought your dp is a boob in dark with arroused nipple.. that's scary.. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Growing up me and my mom were stalked by her ex-boyfriend who also happened to be my molester.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was a kid I got hit by a car for a time I thought I was paralyzed from the hips down

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

My dad got hit by a car when he was little and broke his knees. He said the same thing.

• 6d

I was so light as a kid I think the car made me jump 10 feet

• Must be when I deactivated my first account.. scary times.. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

1|0
    0|0
  • The fake pink accounts

1|2
    0|0
  • thinking about ending my own life

1|1
    0|0
  • Tornados

1|1
    0|0
  • I was shot twice in the chest and almost died

1|1
    0|0
  • The whole deathbed thing with my husband.

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost killed by ex girlfriend

1|0
    0|0
  • I opened the fridge
    AND IT WAS EMPTY ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ’”

1|0
    0|0
  • The abuse from my sister and mother.

1|0
    0|0
  • Desperate girls r the worse.

1|1
    0|0
  • the 20 years of my life

1|0
    0|0
  • Car wreck

1|0
    0|0
  • A hold up at 25
    Brain surgery at 30
    Being shot at by Palestinians (or a Syrian militia) in N Israel at 31

1|0
    0|0
  • My sister tried to commit suicide but we got her to the hospital in time, scariest moment of my life

1|0
    0|0
  • For me it's either seeing a man's chest cavity get crushed by a large, slow moving vehicle... or seeing a man head get splattered under a giant engine.

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

I also tried to kill myself, but those fuckers revived me.

• loosing my mum

1|1
    0|0
  • Prepare for a list here. Huddling in the doorways at my childhood residence in the middle of the night watching hearing the door knob on the back door turn waiting on the police to show up knowing convicts that were responsible for mass murder had escaped and were in my neighborhood also kidnapped a kid my sister went to school with.

Getting kidnapped with attempted murder when I was around six.

Being told my mom wasn't going to make it when I was 7 years old, at least a month and seemed like an eternity but she made it.

Poisoned and kidnapping no 2, held hostage while the person that had me was practically waiting for and hoping I would die in his back seat.

Held hostage no 3. somewhere around the age of 16 or 17 while the hostage takers were threatening to shoot and kill everybody there.

Taken again no 4 at age 18 going through town with hostage taker refusing to stop insisting for directions to take us to the desolate area seeing the gun slide out from under his seat. Still can't remember how we got out of that car.

Having explosions going off all the time that lifted my house off it's blocks and buckled in the doors, blew in the window frames and doors. And seeing the huge tanks full of chemicals near my house set on fire by lightening and burning during storms waiting for them to blow up thinking there were going to do exactly that waiting on the persons running it and the fire dept to come put out the fires.

Being caught by a vacuum truck hose twice back to back and having a crane fall into the vessel near me fall into another vessel spilling a deadly chemical all over town being told that the spill had wiped out my family all in the same day with in a hour apart.

Nearly fell backwards to the ground from around 15 stories in the air at work.

Being told my grand parents and my parents were doing to pass away.

Being afraid I would end up dying alone, then to learn that is actually going to happen.

2|2
    0|0
    • 6d

Wow that's a long list. Where did you grow up for that many stories to happen?

• Show All
    • 6d

I can't believe that. It sounds like a war zone in yougoslavian wars. Honestly, you survived that, nothing can get at you anymore.

• 6d

@Mitch-french You would think not, but unfortunately it does.

• Sister almost killed herself

1|0
    0|0
  • When I got gum graft and frenectomy surgery and could feel the procedure because the novacane wore off half way through and I was too shy to say anything.

Or the time when my boyfriend was yelling and swearing and grabbed my arm and wouldnโ€™t let me leave.

1|1
    0|0
  • None.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes