Is it bad that I have almost nothing figured out at 16?

I have 2 years before I'm 18. I don't have a major picked out. I don't know what job field I want to go into (I do have a few ideas but nothing I'm set on) I don't have a college picked out. I haven't developed many skills. I'm starting to kinda freak out that in a couple of years, my life is going to start rapidly changing, and I have next to nothing figured out yet.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• first year or two of college is all generals anyway, you have plenty of time to figure it out. My best advice is listen to the older people around you. If they say something is smart to do it probably is, everyone screws up at 18 and wishes they could go back and redo it. Learn from others mistakes.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are a lot of people your age who aren't sure where they want to go in life, and some who think they know what direction they want to go, and then change their minds a couple of years later, going into something different. Another option is the military. You could learn a skill there as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Your thinking about everything except love and marriage... what about these?

0|0
    0|1
    • 4d

Those are important, but I'd rather focus on getting a stable life put together before I focus on relationships

• Show All
    • 4d

I don't want to be a housewife though, I want to have a career

• 4d

Well good luck with that...

• I got a major and I know what I want to be in the future and thats as far I have come, keep in mind Im 17 in like 30 days or so... But if Im fucking lucky and the universe doesn't hate me I'll get a job when Im 21 or 22... Possibly 23. But most people dont know what they want to be at this age either so take it easy... I got no college picked out I gotta get my grades first...

0|0
    0|0
  • by the time you figure out what you want to major in you could have graduated with a degree in any major and start making lots of money instead of working at mcdonlads. and if you dont like your major you can get a 2nd degree and major in something else and you will have two degrees under your belt

0|0
    0|0
  • dont rush yourself, many people dont know what they would like to do even at very older age.
    so you are too young.
    just think of what you would be happy to be doing.
    so it will help you choose a major

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. You are a normal kid.

HOWEVER, ask yourself:
    1. What makes you happy?
    2. What is/are your favorite subject (s) in school?

0|0
    0|0
  • What would be "bad" is if a 16 year old (especially a girl) had her life figured out already

0|0
    0|0
  • Bittersweet spoiler alert - it doesn't get much clearer with age

0|0
    0|0
  • Having figured out anything at that age? LMAO! You funny af! 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 25 and I openly admit I have nothing figured out

0|0
    0|0
  • It's better than being 24 and struggling to find a PhD topic in my field

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats pretty normal. I felt that way well into my 20s.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody 16 here knows anything, but they think they do

0|0
    0|0
  • You have 5 or 6 years left to figure that out.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

But I'll be attending college in 2, don't I need to be set on something by then?

• 4d

Not at all. You figure that out in college.

Recommended myTakes