So how do you contradict yourself?

So I love the idea most humans have an element of contradiction about them, so around friends I'm an extrovert but around strangers I'm an introvert. So I class myself as an Extroverted Introvert... so any one else have an obvious contradiction about themselves?
Updates:
5d
Any more?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Great question! I'm an "extroverted introvert" by your definition.
    I'm sure there are more but I'll have to give it some thought.

0|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Cool, good to know I'm not alone in my definition!

• Show All
    • 4d

This is a really good question. I'm surprised that more people haven't answered. Have you invited people to your question?

• 2d

@StingRayxoxo It's all about the quality of the answers, not about the quantity. Hence MHO lol

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Im very blunt and consider myself pretty clever and excel when it comes to my money, job, school ummm all the worldly goods. I have a Type A personality. People assume my life is well put together and on the outside it is. Glass house for sure. Everything always in place. Im too self-righteous for my own good. I am a lone wolf. And fight the idea of having to marry/bind one day in fear of losing my independence. I prefer peace yet have no problem making the water hot (hey you have to have conflict in order to get to the root right?)

Yet on the other side of my scales, I don't understand emotions. I wish someone could understand me. I do want a "partner" just one. I care more than people give me credit for. I just never know how to show it. And I don't know how to say it. Even though I have no problem speaking my mind but I can't speak from the heart. I want everyone to be happy and love. Despite my ice queen appearance. Im a mess on the inside and it extremely frustrating when you get stuck in one role.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

But don't we all play different roles in different areas of our lives

• 4d

I relate to so many of those points.. I especially love the fact you want everyone to be happy but probably portray yourself in a way that doesn't encourage praise/acknowledgement etc. When the reality is the right attention/affection is sought after.

• That’s not a contradiction, that’s how most people are.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

Probably very true, But there's probably different extremes. So I'm ridiculously introverted around strangers and over extroverted around friends, so the issue isn't the contradiction but more the extremities.

• I'm an introvert with extrovert tendencies.

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

Pretty much how I see myself!

• 5d

Yeah I like a big throwdown with tons of people just like anyone else, but only once every great while...

• 5d

I like being around people I'm comfortable around and that's where my extrovert comes out. Put me in a situation with strangers/people I'm not comfortable around, then I become pure introvert!

Recommended myTakes