Is it okay to talk someone behind their back?

I heard my bestfriend talk to some of my friends. She said that I had a fight with someone in HighSchool. It makes me sad because some of them assumed I'm a bad person.

Is it considered backstabbing?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, normally yes it's not okay. However, the point is, if that is what you did in HS, that means you need to own up to it. I still say it's wrong and that she should have talked it out with you about that. Because this is gossiping. Your past is your past, and it should teach you to be mindful of your choices because it will ruin your reputation.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It depends on what her intention was. Was she being social and trying to fit in or was she being malicious?
    Regardless, is best if you confront her about it and tell her how she makes you feel.

Personally I don’t think is ok, when I know things about friend, I don’t like to be telling other people about it. That how trust gets broken.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on her aims. Was she trying to help you, explain about you, or make them think worse of you?

0|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Her tone makes them think worse of me. Then some of my friends said "Oh I didn't know her attitude is like that, I thought she's nice." It's sad

• 5d

Not much of a best friend then but if you feel comfortable, ask her about it.

Recommended myTakes