Y'all car people, would you say a BMW 320i is a good car?

Then I mean an older BMW 320i made around 2002 to 2006? I was thinking about buying it as my first car. They look hella nice to me :) and my cousin also got one and I'd really want one.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It's a nice car, but it is also very expensive to maintain, and at its age, it's going to need a lot of maintenance. German cars always do, and when they hit 10-12 years old, and the transmission is close to failing and the front-end needs to be rebuilt, people sell them off instead of fixing them - and then folks like you buy them, drive them for a couple of months, and then something fails, and then you learn that you're going to be spending $5000+ to fix it.

How do I know this? Several of my friends bought used BMWs, and the ones who kept them spend far more than the original sale price to get them fixed.

Transmission problems are common and $5000-7000 to replace.
    www.youcanic.com/guide/bmw-transmission-problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_TOL6RUEn0

1|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Automatic transmission? lmao I ain't getting a old automatic car. Thats stupid.

• 6d

The manuals aren't that much better. The people who buy manual BMWs tend to be people who drive them hard.

• 6d

Not in my country :/ they all gotta be safe on the road you know...

• You are going after looks, like we all did when we were younger. Sure why not! Take the BMW and see yourself. I did a lot of crazy things with cars but now! Economy and comfort comes first.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Well... Volvo ain't anything to have in my opinion and I'm also looking at audis.

• Show All
    • 2d

50000 - 60000 for a first car? Bought my first car for 800 € and had it for three years. Well it's your money, do what ever pleases you.

• 2d

Yeah I dont want a "shit" car thats probabaly gonna break down forcing me to fix it.

• Do your research and look at consumer reviews. Look more specifically at what kind of issues the car is prone to... transmission repair vs a wiper motor. I’m a BMW fan myself. Overall German engineering is quality.

0|0
    0|0
  • BMW is more German than an invasion of Poland, so it'll probably be good quality. However, they are expensive af to repair, so after warranty I'd say buy something else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh it's a nice looking car, and it drives well enough, but if you like having money in your bank account I would avoid it.

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Why? My cousin hasn't had problems with his one and its from 2002 and he has had it for about 2 years now.

• Show All
    • 6d

Good for him? You do you, I'm just relating the only experience I have with them. It's your money.

• All BMW's tend to be good... till they need repair. My mechanic says the BMW stands for "Break My Wallet."

0|0
    0|0
    • 2d

My dad says a BMW 116i 2007 is cheaper to repair than most other BMW's so I guess if its gonna be a bmw its gonna be that car.

• Its the E46 right? Those series are one of the best reliable of the 3 series

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d never buy a BMW out of warranty. Nice cars when they’re working, but cost a FORTUNE to repair

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • BMWs are usually cool.

0|0
    0|0
  • Get a Phantom II

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d say it is and lovin it so far