As you get older, is there something you're becoming afraid of?

As you get older, is there something you're becoming afraid of?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Loneliness, fear of being emotionally alone, fear of being left behind, fear of nothing mattering.
    For me, at least, the older I get, the more I realize that no achievements in life are worth anything and no pleasure is derived from anything, if you can't share the experience with someone else. So, calling it a fear might not be completely accurate, but the fear of not being able to become happy due to a lack of people to share things with, seems very real to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Im afriad of being a perpetual failure, I'm not afraid of death, or being poor or anything like that, but I dont want my life to have been wasted.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Change and the future.

My siblings will be moved out rather soon, I'll be attending college, getting a place of my own, etc. So much is going to start rapidly changing and I'll admit, I'm scared of change.

0|1
    0|0
    • You would be insane not to, I'm 25 and I still have to wing it sometimes, dont be afraid of the big jump, just pick a direction when your feet hit the ground.

• Changes can be scary or even overwhelming but just like the future, they are always rewarding.

••An example?••

When we are opening our birthday presents we don't know what we will get.. or when we feel the butterflies before knowing our crush likes us back..

••(It's the same, really. )••

We feel anxious and excited, scared but eager to see what's the next step!

《And when we get that perfect gift or find out the guy likes us, it's a change that starts a new and exciting future!》

• Displeasing GOD, missing Heaven, hell, the safety of my family during the coming times, being backed into a corner, my health, not finding the people I am looking for in this life, how to make ends meet.

0|1
    0|1
    • Sky daddy says “chill”

• Show All
    • You do not understand what happened or why, nor do you understand what is or is not wise.

• Haha okay then

• Nope. As you get older you fear less because of experience. You realize that you don't give a shit about what other people think about you. And that their opinion never mattered in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two things:

-Heights. I hate heights now, didn't care when I was younger.

-Getting Axed from my job. As a high income mid life white male I know I have a target on my back for cost cuts. I also know that new jobs at a similar income are difficult to get as employers rather younger people that they can pay dramatically less.

0|0
    0|0
  • After all these years i am finally pursuing my dream and passion i guess i fear of not succeeding but i am not really teasing that cuz i. realize i dont want to die knowing i didn't try cuz what else in life do we really have , being negative to myself is wasted energy , it gets you know where. None of us are perfect people are brains can easily Trap us into a. routine and make us feel stuck but are brains can also make us do Amazing things if we step out of that routine

0|0
    0|0
  • An unfulfilled failure, living month to month in a precarious job that I hate - if I can get a job - while living a lonely, loveless existence in a shitty apartment as I watch the sands of time fall closer and closer towards my inevitable death.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never been scared of people or things or anything but since I had kids just walking into the store is scary sometimes constant worry and fear of not being able to protect them from the crazies

0|1
    0|0
  • Loneliness, i need to find a true lady and make her my sweet housewife and live together happy till the end...

0|0
    0|0
  • Fear that I'll never find true love and be alone. I'm 22 and haven't been in a relationship for almost a year, and it's really concerning me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I am kind of scared that I might not be able to get any government funding or any kind of outside financial investment.

0|0
    0|0
  • being stuck in a place I don't want to be with noone to help. problem with not having kids...

0|0
    0|0
  • I am genuinely afraid of never being in a serious relationship, I would go for any girl as long as she is mentally mature and comfortable with an open relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Meeting my maker. I have 2 sins that I can't seem to get kicked out. I had 4 but 2 of them are over with now.

0|1
    0|2
  • Running out of gin again!

1|1
    0|0
    • LOL 🤣🤣
      My kinda girl!

• Show All
    • 😱😱?

Well played. Very well played...🤔🤬👿👿

• Thank you! I did try! LOL!

• Honestly, just getting older and losing my looks, for whatever they’re worth to start with haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I fear being placed in a old folks home and left there
    with no to bother with me.

0|2
    0|0
    • Trust me in an old folks home, every one and their dog will bother you. i spent a good 7years in patient care lol

• I am sometimes scared that every day i am one step closer to death.

0|1
    0|0
  • Strangely, heights, I feel unsafe around edges, and my self from a couple years back was totally chill about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not afraid of anything life is getting better as I get older

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah,... getting pissed off all the time & striving to control my temper.

0|0
    0|0
  • The proctologist. Also not achieving my dream and being stuck at my job for the next 30 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting old 😂

2|0
    0|0
  • aging and losing my good looks

0|1
    1|2
    • You are very nice looking l understand

• @laurenok Do you have a career that requires good and young appearance? It's really a difficult thing for us girls to see ourselves aging, noticing the first gray hair or wrinkle..
      However we need to remember fear of age is possibly a media influence... and that with the wrinkles come wisdom, success and RETIREMENT!🤣💋

• Being seen as a failure

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope I’m ready to be an Adult

1|0
    1|2
  • Dogs.

1|1
    0|0
  • People

0|0
    0|0
  • Other people

0|1
    0|0
  • Poverty

0|1
    0|0
  • Being forgotten.

0|0
    0|0
  • not getting enough sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. Intimacy

0|0
    0|0
  • Heat death of the universe.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, not really

0|0
    0|0
  • Losing my mind, losing that grasp on reality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. Stupid people

0|0
    0|0
  • Death.

0|0
    0|0
  • Death

0|0
    0|0
  • Being grumpy, miserable, sick, and alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes