What creature from the deep do you find most unsettling?

I've always thought piranhas and angler fish would be up there.
I remember a few years back, I went to the sealife aquarium in London and walked past a tank filled with piranhas. Next thing I know all of them turned to my direction... just staring at me. It really creeped me out !!What creature from the deep do you find most unsettling?What creature from the deep do you find most unsettling?

620

Most Helpful Guys

• Let me put it this way, their was an occurrence (this actually happened, conclusions drawn are simply conjecture but the event itself actually happened) where a navy vessel was out on a test run of the ships systems. A few days into it the sonar went out. So they when they went back to port they mentioned it and it was investigated. What they found was that the rubber casing that protected the equipment was torn open. In it was lodged a hook, one that was exactly like the ones found on the humblt squid and giant squids tentacles. The reason why this is unsettling is because it was about four times bigger then what the estimated max size of a collasul squid (which is bigger then the biggest one found). The most unsettling thing about the ocean isn't what we know about it its what we don't know that's lurking inside it that is the issue.

• Both dogs, snakes and wild animals have always scared me because they appear dangerous and seems intimidating. Snakes have a disgusting slimy appearance and it doesn't look natural at all. It looks like a creature of Hell. The way they moves looks nasty and just looking at them can make me either lose the appetite or give me pain in my body.

Dogs looks cute and are pleasant to look at, but their behavior doesn't seem to match their appearance. They may make a lot of aggressive sounds, approach strangers, not respecting personal space and fight. They're like wolves disguised as sheep. At least the dog I met when I was 5.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sixgill sharks are pretty sinister looking, and barreleyes aren't exactly cute either.
    Bigfin squids are a bit strange too.
    But really, there's a lot of creepy stuff deep in the oceans and seas, so it's hard to think of it on the top of my head.