Ever have a nightmare that when you wake up you feel traumatized from it?

I did last night. I remember going to this old park that i went to when i was younger and there was a metal slide that i fell off of but i was somewhat pushed. Anyways I met up with my friend and she introduced me to the people there (AKA my bullies). We greet each other rudely then we get into an argument and all i remember is getting beat up severely and my friend was gone. I woke up feeling a little traumatized.

57

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

I had a nightmare that I was raped but repressed it from my memories. It felt so real in my dream when I finally "remembered" I was raped because the cops found my rape video online or something like that. I woke up from my dream so convinced. Like what if I was raped? That dream made me feel like I was raped but repressing it. After like 30 minutes I came back to reality. But never had such a convincing dream like that before. I've had those disturbing scary ones, realistic horror dreams. Those stuck with me too. I had this one dream where I was adopted into a family that killed the kids one by one. We were held in this room while they took one kid at a time randomly a week. In the dream we found a way out and were running for our lives and it was so freaking scary.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really "traumatized", some have disturbed me a bit, in one instance I dreamed a disembodied mouth (no lips, just the space around it and then teeth) smiled at me, a Cheshire cat kind of grin at which point it whispered something in my ear and when I tried to listen it screamed. Was so startled I actually was up on my feet with balled fists raised looking for something to attack before I realized it was a dream. but nothing that was traumatizing per say.