Ever have a nightmare that when you wake up you feel traumatized from it?

I did last night. I remember going to this old park that i went to when i was younger and there was a metal slide that i fell off of but i was somewhat pushed. Anyways I met up with my friend and she introduced me to the people there (AKA my bullies). We greet each other rudely then we get into an argument and all i remember is getting beat up severely and my friend was gone. I woke up feeling a little traumatized.
Ever have a nightmare that when you wake up you feel traumatized from it?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes.

I had a nightmare that I was raped but repressed it from my memories. It felt so real in my dream when I finally "remembered" I was raped because the cops found my rape video online or something like that. I woke up from my dream so convinced. Like what if I was raped? That dream made me feel like I was raped but repressing it. After like 30 minutes I came back to reality. But never had such a convincing dream like that before. I've had those disturbing scary ones, realistic horror dreams. Those stuck with me too. I had this one dream where I was adopted into a family that killed the kids one by one. We were held in this room while they took one kid at a time randomly a week. In the dream we found a way out and were running for our lives and it was so freaking scary.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really "traumatized", some have disturbed me a bit, in one instance I dreamed a disembodied mouth (no lips, just the space around it and then teeth) smiled at me, a Cheshire cat kind of grin at which point it whispered something in my ear and when I tried to listen it screamed. Was so startled I actually was up on my feet with balled fists raised looking for something to attack before I realized it was a dream. but nothing that was traumatizing per say.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Dang, I think that would traumatize me, too.

My dog, who passed away 4 years ago, came to me in my dreams a few times, but he was always out of reach. I always woke up with tears or a heavy heart. I also had a dream recently where I shot an animal for sport (I'm pretty much completely against hunting unless its for necessity). I was pretty traumatized when I woke up from that one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I have a lot of nightmares about people I care about dying in really horrific ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never been traumatized by a nightmare, but I've had some that have ruined my mood for part of the day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.
    It's too lengthy to describe how ,
    But I saw my future family getting massacred in front of me. That woke me up

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I get these type of dreams. I once had a dream where my uncle died and went into school crying and really upset about it (my uncles in the army)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that feeling of did it really happen. Get nervous to close your eyes...

0|0
    0|0
  • Often. For some strange reason I enjoy this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah once but it wasn't a nightmare.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes