A woman's passed out drunk in front of your place. What do you do?

What would you do if you found a woman passed out drunk in front of your house/apartment/residence in the middle of the night?

She doesn't look like she's homeless, more like she had a crazy night of partying.
A woman's passed out drunk in front of your place. What do you do?
  • Dump her on your couch, you'll deal with it in the morning.
    Vote A
  • Not your problem. You don't want to get caught up in drama. Ignore her.
    Vote B
  • Other (Please comment below and let us know!)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Wow, people are really divided on this topic.

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Well in legal view it’s risky to be involved or do anything, yet my conscience would be under fire to leave her in cold.

I’d try talking and asking if she would like to come inside for a coffee, tea and food ( even that can be risky ); ask her or if it’s a him also, if I could get a taxi for them home?

The laws of the land really dictate your extension of hospitality.
    In the situation you provide about their overall appearance and demeanor , but what if they were homeless and shabby or dirty?

Though it’s sad even I cannot be unbiased there. I wouldn’t do anything unless I stood there thinking deeply and focused at them, or their condition.

0|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Carry out first aid and arrange for a witness;
    2. If she does not regain conciousness, call an ambulance. If she regains conciousness ask her for a point of contact/next of kin.
    3. Contact her next of kin amd ask them to come and get her.
    2. If next of kin is not contactable, Call the Police to come and collect her.

2|3
    0|0
    • Wow, you've got this planned out. Has something like this actually happened to you before?

• Show All
    • Thank you for this opinion.

• @prettynormal you're welcome. Thank you for reading.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• in today’s society where a guy intent, behavior, and actions can be questioned all too easily — i’d simply call 911 and stay with her until help arrived — i’d avoid touching her or moving her (even to make her more comfortable) — i’d provide details to the first responders — kind of goes against my humanity, but i don’t want to go to jail, be sued, or worse

0|2
    0|0
    • I've been in this situation (with a guy being passed out and bleeding on the street in the middle of the night) before and the person on the phone is most likely gonna make you touch her to make sure she's still alive and breathing so you can provide first aid dude while they're sending out the ambulance to your location

• Show All
    • Definitely not the case in my country

• In America where life almost always imitates TV — “I do not know how, or under what circumstances the four of you found each other, but your callous indifference and utter disregard for everything that is good and decent has rocked the very foundation upon which our society is built. I can think of nothing more fitting than for the four of you to spend a year removed from society so that you can contemplate the manner in which you have conducted yourselves." ~ Judge Vandalay, last episode of Seinfeld

• If i was a guy? Call someone to collect her. I'm not inviting a strange passed out woman into my home so she can accuse me of drugging and raping her. Hard pass.
    As a woman same thing. Call someone to come get her drunk ass.

1|5
    0|0
  • Call 911 and let them deal with it while staying with her until they get there. Alternative is to drag her down to the next house and let them worry about it after first checking out her shoes to see if I love them and to see if they would fit me. Drunks always lose their shoes so her loss is my gain.

0|2
    1|1
  • I’ve carried a drunk chick home before and let her sleep it off on my couch.

2|2
    0|0
    • It's amazing that you feel you can be so trusting with a stranger nowadays.

• She was unconscious, if I had have left her lying on the bus floor when I was the last person to get off.. I wouldn’t have trusted the next stranger who may have come in contact with her.

• Call the police, have them send an ambulance. Anyone that drunk could have alcohol poisoning. If they are passed out you can’t be sure if it was just alcohol related, could be an opioid overdose... Would not want to take the chance with her life or health.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d call 911, let them know what’s going on, and stay with her to make sure she’s okay until they came to pick her up. I’d be worried about alcohol poisoning, date rape drugs being involved, etc. Besides, emergency services should be able to properly identify her, and they can get her home safely, or contact someone to come get her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, first I'd stay with her.
    Second, I'd rather not involve the police so I'd try and see if any women come walking by and if so I'd ask if they know her, maybe her friends can take her. I'd also see if I could find a cell phone on her and if I could use it to call someone that knows her.
    If none of those things are available after some time passes, if no one that knows her shows up I'd call the police and she could sleep in off in jail and a "public intoxication" charge would await her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably call an ambulance or police to take her away. I'm not going to risk myself for getting called a rapist if I were to shelter her for the night. If she were a family member or a very close and trustworthy friend, then I'll dump her in the couch with a blanket.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since I can't know what sort of person I'm dealing with and how she ended up there I'd call the police. I'd rather not just let a stranger crash with me only to find myself robbed in the morning or something else of a nefarious nature.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would call the police, they'll know what to do with her. I'll stay outside with her and bring her a glass of water and a blanket if the temperature calls for that kind of thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Would attempt to wake her up and drive her back home. If not successful I'm calling the police. I would just let her sleep at my place but that's super risky

0|1
    0|0
  • Try and stop the bleeding from her climbing over the razor wire on my fence well I call an ambulance to get her to serious medical care and the cops because you dont jump over a 10 foot tall fence with razor wire on the top without a good resion so best case she was being chased by a pissed boyfriend and worst case she escaped from the woman prison 5 kilometers up the road

0|1
    0|0
  • Put her finger in warm water so she could wake herself up pissing herself. then call the police.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wake her up if I can and ask her for her address so I can drive her dumb ass to her house so she gets home safely.

0|2
    0|0
  • call her an ambulance. Probably get a pillow and a few blankets and wait outside with her until the ambulance arrived. Tell them what I know. I don't know if I'd go with her or not. Probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look in her phone. Call a friend or 911.

Don't deal with it on your home.
    In the perspective of a drunk Girl waking up on a forgein place without knowing what happended is one of the worst scenarios that can happen to a Girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • So I throw a party and some drunk chick has the audacity to pass out in my place? She is getting felt tip marker treatment at the least. At most, I don't know, I'm pretty mellow about such shit after frat days, I'd probably drop her off in South Central LA (kidding).

0|0
    0|0
  • Bring her inside, get her in bed, make coffee and some bacon and eggs. She’s gonna need it when she wakes up

2|2
    0|0
    • Thats awfully sweet of you.

• Show All
    • And what if you get robbed lol

• Food helps with hangovers lol and that’s what I have at the moment
      Wouldn’t be the first time lol

• Bring her inside and get her on the couch with a puke bucket, let nature take its course. Once she wakes up with clarity, tell her what happened, let her go on her merry way

0|0
    0|0
  • See if she's responsive. Check pulse, lay her on her side, call 911. If needed, I'm a certified BLS and ACLS care provider.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she was on her back I'd lay her on her side in case she would vomit and call the police. Be helpful enough but always covering my own ass

0|1
    0|0
  • Call emergency services. I wouldn't take her into my home because she's a stranger and could rob me or do something to injure me.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s happened to me and my friend before. Ended up opening her phone and saw her friend text her trying to find her and we just called her and kept her on our front porch since she was concerned in vomit lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to wake her, see how she responds. If she is passed out cold I would call emt’s even if your really drunk you should be at least semi responsive.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the reasoning behind this question is very sinister.

I plead for you to see thy therapist.

0|2
    0|1
  • I'd offer to take her inside it depends if she passed out but most likely I'd call the police non emergency and ask them its hard to do anything without breaking the law or risking yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • call her an ambulance. aside from being a complete stranger, she might need help (hello, alcohol poisoning?). it could also be a con, so better safe than sorry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to wake her up a few times if that doesn't work I'll check if she has a phone to call her friends/family If that doesn't work I'm getting my parents and let them deal with her. Also turn her on her side so she doesn't drown from vomiting

0|0
    0|0
  • Check if I can get awake, if she responds to anything.
    If not, I call the police and wait for them to arrive, then they can take care of her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Call the police to come pick her up. Stay with her til someone comes to move her.

0|3
    0|0
  • Dumping her on your couch puts you at risk for kidnapping/false imprisonment charges

0|3
    0|0
    • yep I ain't playing that game, and you know she will accuse us of messing with her and she won't remember what happened

• Nobody in their right mind could think that abducting an unconscious person off the street is a good idea

• Tell her to get the fuck off my doorstep, if she is passed out there.
    Otherwise, not my problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • Call help, 911/112 while staying with her. I'm not dragging a strange unconscious woman into my home, that would feel wrong on so many levels.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would look to see if she had a friend with her if not try to find who she came with then possibly call an ambulance

0|0
    0|0
  • see if anyone knows her and will take care of her. otherwise try to wake her up and help her find a way home (call a cab, offer a ride, etc)

0|0
    0|0
  • I’d try to wake her up and call for a ride so she can go back to her place. I wouldn’t want a guy to attempt to take advantage of her so I wouldn’t ever leave her there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Recovery position, sneaky peek inside her bag looking for an contract number of some kind. If I couldn't find a friend of hers to collect her then I'd phone the police for some assistance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, if it’s a woman, I’m in a bit of a predicament, unless I can wake her up enough to get info from her and call a friend to come get her or something. As a man, I’m not sure I’d be comfortable with having a passed out woman waking up in my house not knowing where she is, how she got there, what she did/didn’t do/had done to her. That just seems like a potential problem to me. I mean, in my CURRENT situation I’d probably be fine with it because I live with my girlfriend, but if I was living alone or with other dudes... forget it. So I don’t know, I’d make every effort to wake her and get info from her. If she was coherent enough to agree to coming inside I guess she could crash on my couch... but drunk people tend to puke, haha, so maybe that’s inviting in a problem too. I guess if she’s that passed out you can get her an ambulance or something. Also would depend on the weather. Shit, I passed out and woke up on a picnic table once in college on a warm night, I was fine lmao.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’d call the police. The issue with bringing her into your house opens the door for allegations you did somthing to her. So let the police deal with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I haI actually had this happening to me when I was in university. I went outside and first checked if she was passed out or just so drunk she couldn't move. She was really passed out so laid her on her back and checked if she was breathing normally. She started to wake up, I asked if she was alright and said I was calling 911. She told me to not call anything, probably didn't wanted to end in trouble. I told her I had to or at least a friend or family member of her's to pick her up. She got her phone from her pocket and told me to call this girl friend that lived close. I did and took her inside while we waited. She vomited in my sink as soon as we got up, it was so nice of her... She remained seated and quiet using all of her strength to not pass out again until her friend arrived. She thanked me and both left.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wake her up and ask for address so I Can drive her home.

0|1
    0|0
  • Call the police. If I touch her, there's a very good chance she'll claim "rape" in the morning, no matter what I did or didn't do.

0|1
    0|0
    • Women have made themselves too dangerous to be around.
      Any effort to assist her may result in a false rape allegation, which is why I would walk away and know nothing about the body on my lawn.
      I am aware of one female who claimed that she was assaulted sexually by someone who performed CPR to save her life after she had drowned.
      The message to men is obvious: see nothing and walk away.

• 1. Try to wake her up
    2. If she is unresponsive, I check her pulse.
    3. Until I figure out what to do, I put her in recovery position.
    Then, either
    A) Call an ambulance car.
    or
    B) If she's cute, I'll carry her inside, lay her on my bed or couch or whatever, set up my laptop with its webcam facing her , and recording all night, so that I can prove that i didn't do anything to her if things come to a breaking point, then wait for her to wake up, and give her a ride or something.

I know it's clearer to call an ambulance, but that's embarassing for her too, and if you save her from hypothermia, you might get something going on with her, so there's that.

0|0
    0|0
    • Then the police catch you with a passed out woman setting up a webcam. Good call 🤦‍♂️

• @WhoDatGuy The police catches me with what exactly? Where did the police come from? Guys like you who are obsessed with the police intervening with every second of your life can't imagine that people can just help each without involving the authorities, right? Fucking idiot.

• Call 911. I live next to a highway that gets a huge amount of traffic. I don't think it would be weird if I found some random woman passed out drunk out in from of my home.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have dealt with this before at my old apartment, the people below me often threw parties and drunks were often passed out in the stairwell. Typically I would ask her if she is ok and make sure she doesn't have alcohol poisoning, if so I'd call an ambulance. I also will ask if she knows where she is and has a plan on how to get home. I'll offer to call a taxi, I won't invite her into my place or offer to drive her anywhere unless she specifically asks me, or is in danger, because it is a risky situation and she might think you are trying to take advantage of her. Not to mention she might wake up on your couch and not remember anything, and accuse you of things, or might steal from you. But just leaving her there is the worst thing to do, especially if it is cold.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would leave her there.
    Any effort to assist her may result in a false rape or sexual assault allegation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wake her up and ask can you get her a taxi home nomright person would leave a women on her own asleep on the floor

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was in the same way id be glade if sum one did this to me. Do my good deed for sum one..

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes