Would you like to live to be 100?

Would you want to live to 100?
Would you want to live to 100?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In what shape? Obviously i want to live as long as possible. But there's something to be said for quality of life.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I would like to live as long as I can, but I dont to see the day I'm vegetable.

1|1
    0|0
  • No... everyone I love would be dead already

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No, I don’t want to reach that age, it would be agonizing!

1|0
    0|0
  • Not everyone gets dementia. We have a neighbor who is 98 and she is still as spry as the come and is out working in her yard all the time. She talks fine and does not seem to have any lost thoughts. Her husband is 99 and he is the same but he doesn't get outside much. However, seeing as how the world is going I doubt I'll ever make 100.

0|2
    0|0
    • Wow that’s amazing and why do you think you won’t make it?

• @massb I'm thinking we are near the end times now, especially with global warming being a real thing that wasn't 50 years ago.

• Absolutely not.

I already know that I won’t grow old and I won’t fulfill my dreams. I won’t have children and my other fear has already happened.

I don’t want to be old or be a burden. I don’t want to live for years knowing I failed at life. Kill me now!!!

0|0
    0|0
    • You only fail when you give up. It's not easy and takes hard work. If you're not willing to put in the work then yes you will fail. Just sounds like you're taking the easy way out.

• Show All
    • @PinkMichae it’s a flippant phrase used in this country/my generation... like “for the love of god”. Eg “my bitch of a mother is coming to town... kill me now!” It refers to a situation you aren’t eagerly awaiting.

• Oh! So you were just being over dramatic. Ok. My bad.

• I've got longevity on both family sides so there's a decent chance I'll make it that long. As long as I'm healthy and not suffering, then I'm fine with growing that old.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't want to age, if I can at all avoid it.

With my heart problems it is unlikely I live to be 70, I fear. So living to 100 would be an accomplishment.

I would have nothing against being old as fuck. I could sit around drinking red bull and reading all day, as well as play music.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes I would love to live for a very very long time if I could get old as Methuselah I would.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care if I die tomorrow, I'll die when I die there's no stopping that but most the woman in my family have lived to 100 and over so no doubt I will too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seeing my dad now at 87... fuck no. This morherfucker was hemorrhaging FROM HIS PENIS last week after a prostate procedure. That’s a hard pass for me lmfao

0|0
    0|0
    • I had to cross my legs at that

• @Waffles731 he was good up to about 85, then he had a stroke and it’s been downhill from there. So I’d say cut it off at 80. My mom just died at 80, and obviously I miss her, but healthwise, it felt like she ducked out before getting too decrepit, haha. She was always a graceful woman like that, lmao.

• There's a guy in the Seattle area who is still skiing at 100. I want to be that guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • It funny how perceptions work. A significant percentage of the folks responding this thread will live to see 100 years of age.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. In fact, I want to live to 110. Supposedly I had a great or great great grandfather who lived to 108 (before the time of modern medicine), and I intend to beat that.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as my quality of life is decent, sure. I wouldn’t want to trade longevity for excess pain and strife though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea but over 100 and I want my family alive as well and I want to be able to drive and move around well.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a long shot, but if I can make it to the "rapture", I may never have to die, GOD allowing. That's plan A.

0|1
    1|0
  • I want to be dead by 60. Anything over 65 is too damn much and if I live to be 66, I’m gonna go ahead overdose on some NyQuil or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm amazed at the (reasons someone would consider no ) for an answer on a physical playing field , without even considering that your soul always lives for eternity. Where in eternity, is they're choice of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, idc if every bone in my body breaks with a single step, idc if it hurts to piss, my family members would be gone but I'd end up dead eventually, I want to know what the world looks like when I'm 100. Fuck you grim reaper you greasy bastard!

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no. I barely made it to 20. I don't think I have another 78+ years in me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, to be around my future family. Look around the world. Appreciate everything I have learned and gone through to make me who I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on my quality of life both mentally and physically

1|2
    0|0
  • My great grand uncle is 104 and smokes marijuana he’s healthy like a horse and goes for his morning walks around the block

1|1
    0|0
  • only if that live would be reasonably bearable. i don't wanna live till my 100th birthday plugged into mashines not being able to move, existing in agony and without agency.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no, i ethier live forever or i die young and with technoigly advancing i have no clue which one will happen first.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I had all my faculties. But the quality of life just drops and drops the older you get.

I wish everybody could live to be 100, stop aging at 25 and the only sign of aging would be grey hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • l am working on Getting to 100 l bet l will get to live to 100 my doctor said he thinks there is a very good chance that l will get to 100 l don't drink or smoke that helps

0|1
    0|0
  • I would love to live as long as possible but no because of the physical pain and suffering older people go through

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure. Probably not
    I rather be with jesus in heaven

0|2
    1|0
  • Of course not, my back feels broken now. It's only gonna get worse with age.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would like to live as long as I can, but I dont to see the day I'm vegetable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd like to live that long but at the same time I want to eat hamburgers every day. Is that possible?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, if its in my cards yes so i can be a legend of history. Thats me only.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want to live to be more than a billion. F'ing bring on the immortal timelord shenanigans!

0|0
    0|0
  • My great grandma was still farming by the age of 95 on her farm! She lived to be 105 & 1/2 years old! My great grandpa lived to be 100!

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be amazing if I make it to that age but hopefully I won't have to count on people to take care of me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I pass 60 I don't care. I would prefer dying to having issues walking and doing basic stuff

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not. If so, i'd like to live to 102 so i live to 2100

0|1
    0|0
  • If I am able but if I am disabled and just lingering no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Having been around people who lived to be 100, I say definitely not. If I make it to 70 in decent health, that's good enough.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as I still have my right mind and I can still hear and see pretty good.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I would rather die young guns blazing personally

0|0
    0|0
  • Given the digital conscious revelations many things will change soon when it comes to aging.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think I wanna live that long about 90 is good

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah i wanna live for about 10000000000000000000000000000000000000+

0|0
    0|0
  • Not particularly, though I may change my mind on that when I'm 99.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably. I'd like to look back at all the history that happened in my time

0|1
    0|0
  • If I can live up to 100 as a healthy person, then yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes sure, I could be one of those old monks in Shaolin

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes if I still beautiful and healthy lol I don't want to be 100 and sick

0|0
    0|0
    • My great grandma was healthy until the age of 105! She looked 20 years younger than her actual! Don’t make presumptions!

• Kind of low number. I desire to go way beyond that.

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be cool to live on my late 80s. Why not even longer, if my life quality is good.

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes