Have you ever had a speeding fine , or parking ticket?

If so , how many?

3241

Most Helpful Guys

• I have only ever gotten 1 speeding ticket. It was back it 2006 when I was 19. I had just gotten my first car and had just finished an interview for a new job. Was going down the road doing 47 mph in a 25 mph speed limit. $200.

I've gotten parking tickets over the years, all of them paid for without incident. Except one. Back in 2010, I had to pay ($400?) to my state's DMV to have my license reinstated. The reason was that I had gotten a parking ticket at a time when I was between jobs. Originally, the fine was $25, but I kept putting it off because money was tight. More was tacked on the longer I delayed paying. Eventually, I got a letter saying that I'd have to go to the DMV and pay an additional fee to be able to reuse my license.

One more. 3 years ago, I got a ticket for going the wrong way on a one-way street. Was in a rush, a truck was blocking a sign, and I was disregarding my GPS.

Despite this, I actually am a good driver and do what I can to be courteous on the road. Because much of my work involves driving, I have more opportunities to make a mistake.

• Parking fine won't make me happy.. but I would totally love a speeding ticket..
    Might even make cops
    Chase me for a while intentionally

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm triggered! I'm still pissed and it's been ten years since I got THE only parking violation on my record. The ONLY reason I got this ticket is because they were doing construction on the work parking lot and that forced us all to do street parking, accept the nearby apartments didn't take too kindly to that because their residents used this parking, so there were like 30 actual parking spots for like 200 employees. So of course I get there and there is no place to park so I squeezed in a couple feet behind a stop sign because the only other spot would have been in a sketch area like 20 blocks away. So I parked near the sign, and came back from a long day and there's the ticket. I marched over to HR and went off. I mean where did they actually expect us to park and be on time, our imagination?!? Two days later, they rented a nearby lot for our staff only. The end.

• Never had a speeding ticket because I always drive with the flow of traffic

But I've lost count of how many parking tickets I've had. The city I live in likes to hand out parking tickets on street cleaning day. When I lived in the city, I often forgot what day it was, or they would change it for holidays and weather. I used to work in the city, and had to park my car in the last half hour of street cleaning, but there wasn't enough parking in the parking lot, so I would have to chance it. I guess I parked in a fire zone last time I went to the zoo, but everyone got a ticket who parked there. And there was a time when I got a ticket for parking in a spot with absolutely no sign saying I couldn't park there. And the last time they gave me a parking ticket, they didn't upload it online right, so I had to pay a fine. I HATE parking tickets!