Have you ever had a speeding fine , or parking ticket?

If so , how many?

1|5

Most Helpful Guys

• I have only ever gotten 1 speeding ticket. It was back it 2006 when I was 19. I had just gotten my first car and had just finished an interview for a new job. Was going down the road doing 47 mph in a 25 mph speed limit. $200.

I've gotten parking tickets over the years, all of them paid for without incident. Except one. Back in 2010, I had to pay ($400?) to my state's DMV to have my license reinstated. The reason was that I had gotten a parking ticket at a time when I was between jobs. Originally, the fine was $25, but I kept putting it off because money was tight. More was tacked on the longer I delayed paying. Eventually, I got a letter saying that I'd have to go to the DMV and pay an additional fee to be able to reuse my license.

One more. 3 years ago, I got a ticket for going the wrong way on a one-way street. Was in a rush, a truck was blocking a sign, and I was disregarding my GPS.

Despite this, I actually am a good driver and do what I can to be courteous on the road. Because much of my work involves driving, I have more opportunities to make a mistake.

1|0
    0|0
  • Parking fine won't make me happy.. but I would totally love a speeding ticket..
    Might even make cops
    Chase me for a while intentionally

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm triggered! I'm still pissed and it's been ten years since I got THE only parking violation on my record. The ONLY reason I got this ticket is because they were doing construction on the work parking lot and that forced us all to do street parking, accept the nearby apartments didn't take too kindly to that because their residents used this parking, so there were like 30 actual parking spots for like 200 employees. So of course I get there and there is no place to park so I squeezed in a couple feet behind a stop sign because the only other spot would have been in a sketch area like 20 blocks away. So I parked near the sign, and came back from a long day and there's the ticket. I marched over to HR and went off. I mean where did they actually expect us to park and be on time, our imagination?!? Two days later, they rented a nearby lot for our staff only. The end.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never had a speeding ticket because I always drive with the flow of traffic

But I've lost count of how many parking tickets I've had. The city I live in likes to hand out parking tickets on street cleaning day. When I lived in the city, I often forgot what day it was, or they would change it for holidays and weather. I used to work in the city, and had to park my car in the last half hour of street cleaning, but there wasn't enough parking in the parking lot, so I would have to chance it. I guess I parked in a fire zone last time I went to the zoo, but everyone got a ticket who parked there. And there was a time when I got a ticket for parking in a spot with absolutely no sign saying I couldn't park there. And the last time they gave me a parking ticket, they didn't upload it online right, so I had to pay a fine. I HATE parking tickets!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I've had two parking tickets. One was when my car broke down and I had to leave it to get someone to help me move it. And once I just forgot to put the parking disc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Speeding ticket x1
    Parking ticket ร—1 (I misread the sign for an overnight area)
    Citation for smoking in the parking lot of my college campus x1

0|0
    0|0
  • Only two parking tickets, both by university police... but, have been pulled over four times for speeding & once for expired tags.
    I was able to talk out of two of the speeding & the expired tags.
    #ImreallysorryisthereanywayIcouldjustgetawarning

1|0
    0|0
  • I got one ticket for unregistered vehicle when the credit card payment didnโ€™t go through online because the states software failed on their website. I also got one speeding ticket for 5 miles over the limit for following the general flow of traffic when a cop jumped out in the middle of the road and ticketed like 5 cars. Obviously both cops were ass hats just trying to meet quotas rather than make the roads safe.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I've been pulled over 9 times haven't gotten a ticket once one time I was going way too fast he pulled me over I literally said put the cuffs on he said there will be no need for that I'm going to let you off with a warning
    I dont get why I never get tickets but I'm not complaining

1|0
    1|0
    • I noticed the cops have a tendency to just give women a warning. They always throw the book at me!

• @MarkRet I think you might be right sometimes but my oldest sister has never not gotten a ticket the rest of us have had 1 or zero my youngest sister was driving way too fast a cop saw her and didn't even pull her over

• im just learning to drive and went on a lesson with my mum. I lost count over how many times she told me to slow down because there are speeding camera on the road

1|0
    0|0
  • No, never have. I am retired for the Dept of Motor Vehicles. While employed if I got anything I had to report it to HR. You are supposed to set an example was how they viewed it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I got pulled over once and I was coming back from a 7 hour drive I was tired and a bit emotional and I got pulled over I just burst into tears I wasn't trying to I just cried and he let me off but said slow down

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. Cops usually just pull me over, ask why I was speeding, then give me a warning and let me leave... Though I only got pulled over 3xs so far, so I don't have much to go gone.

0|1
    0|0
  • In my younger years mainly 20's when i had my Black z28 Camaro , i would always get pulled over for speeding , didn't always get a ticket cuz i talked my way out of it , i remember 1 cop saying to me what do you Think you are the Bandit? , I said come on Smokey we knew each other for a long time , He laughed and said ok I Will let you slide this time but slow it down.. I said you got it Buford T

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes quite a few. Some cases I beat and others I got the ticket reduced.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes one speeding ticket, 38 miles an hour in a 30 zone, foot on the peddle to get around on a roundabout

0|0
    0|0
  • One or two parking fines. I either forget to buy a voucher, or that my voucher expires. I try to park legally all the time.
    No speeding tickets, never been caught

0|0
    0|0
  • Never have. Iโ€™m grateful. Hoping it stays that way.

1|0
    0|0
  • 2X speeding tickets. All within a month of each other. One was a 70 in a 55 and the other was 63 in a 45.

1|0
    0|0
  • A few, and all the speeding tickets were just radar cameras so no demerits on my license. And all the parking tickets were work related so I didn't pay them

0|0
    0|0
  • Never.

I can't drive, I've never had a driving test.

I took some lessons a few years ago when I was living in Amsterdam, but I ran out of money and never did the test.

So no speeding tickets and no parking fines.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got a parking ticket because my ex lived on a street with a parking limit of 2 hours, and I was late moving my truck

0|0
    0|0
  • I got one for going 70 on a 35 the cop was a dick to me he pulled me out the car and slammed me onto the floor

0|0
    0|0
  • 2 speeding tickets. Nothing in this millenium though. Never had a parking ticket. Unless you count a couple of snow ordinance tickets.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol. Hmmm. Let me count if i can remember. Yes probably about four speeding tickets, about six parking tickets (last one was last week).

0|1
    0|0
  • In my 20s I got speeding tickets and the only parking ticket I got was because someone else used my car

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but my dad had one recently, we were stopped in traffic and his boss called and he picked up to say he couldn't talk right now, there was a cop right next to us

0|0
    0|0
  • Only one time. It was when I was 16 and really liked driving over 60 mph lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I recently got my license so I have been pretty careful lol no L rides lol

0|2
    0|0
  • Nope I have a perfect record, no points on my driver's license or anything! Oh wait-

0|0
    0|0
  • Twice but not so much. The administration cost was more then the ticket itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have had 6/7.

3 of them in a short Period of time. Which was unexpected. (2 Months )

0|0
    0|0
  • it's an occupational hazard when your a driver and not so easy to avoid.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ughhhh yes. Speed demon here.

1|1
    0|0
  • A couple but none in the past 3 years so my record is clean

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope Iโ€™ve gotten out of two speeding tickets with a warning ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

0|0
    0|0
  • Too many speeding tickets when I was younger but it has been 20 or more years since the last one.

0|0
    0|0
  • 6 speeding tickets

1|0
    0|0
  • One speeding ticket. One was enough for me. It's expensive and you have to take a course

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had both including seat belt and using cellphone while driving

0|0
    0|0
  • Not yet!๐Ÿ˜
    I have escaped somehow.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hahah it's because you're too fast. so they don't see you lol

• Sometimes that.
      Sometimes we get followed and we manage to outrun them.
      Sometimes they caught me but i did some innocent acting & managed...๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜

• Oh yes many times

1|0
    0|0
  • Two of each lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I've had about 3 or 4.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't had a speeding ticket in 6-7 years now.

1|1
    0|0
  • 3 I think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Luckily none

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope but I barely drive

1|0
    0|0
  • Parking fine only