Have you ever rewound your dream and changed it because you didn't like the outcome?

I have many times but I only noticed after I awaken. I can't fully lucid dream. I really want to though.

Photo by "Gabriel" on Unsplash

1110

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. This is lucid dreaming. Usually when I do this it's because I'm being pursued, I am in danger and I have to jump from one roof to another, I don't make the jump so I rewind it and do it again.. this time with the complete knowledge and confidence that this is a dream and I am in control. It's wonderful.

One time it was a window, I jumped through a window and shards cut me very bad I was reight bleeding, so again I rewinded and.. I think I broke the window with something first and were more careful.

When friends die in dreams, like when hundreds of Until Dawn wendigo lookin' things were charging the building we were in, climbing in the windows and my friends were going down.. I couldn't rewind that unfortunately.

• 8 d ago

I hate when people die in dreams! It doesn't happen often for me but sometimes the sadness lasts even after I wake up. Then I realize that everything is okay and It was just a dream.

• I am so strange because I can only "lucid dream". I've always been at least partially conscious that I was in a dream. That said, I never rewound because I didn't like the outcome since I was at least partially in control of it. My dreams didn't surprise me much except what crazy things my imagination would conjure up, and I didn't really want to rewind since I could just keep going. That said, I had many where I died in the middle and then it was kind of start a new story after I died where I was resurrected and in a new scenario, often similar to the previous, and I suppose in some cases that was a sort of "rewind".

• 8 d ago

If people have seen the film, Edge of Tomorrow, I've had dreams like that where I died hundreds of times in them and kept retrying the scenario. Might have gotten inspired by all the video games I played where I could continue after game over screen.

• 8 d ago

That would be quite cool. Maybe VR simulations for the future. :-D

• 8 d ago

Or technology gets so advanced to where people in their dream state can interact with people irl 😱 I've got a feeling that wouldn't turn out so well

Most Helpful Girls

• When I was a kid I had much more control over my dreams. If I didn't like what I was dreaming I could pick something else to dream about from a mental "menu" if you will.

I still dream a lot, but I haven't been able to obtain that control as an adult.

• 7 d ago

OMG I did the same thing. I thought having that mental menu was weird but it's so fun.

• I've tried lucid dreaming and have been unsuccessful. Many times. Thought it might help with the nightmares.

• 8 d ago

Tried binaural beats?

• 8 d ago

My nightmares are already disturbing so I'm willing to try.

• 8 d ago

Yes you do, if headphones are too bulky/uncomfortable you can use ear buds. I prefer headphones has they tend to have better frequency range compared to earbuds.