Have you ever rewound your dream and changed it because you didn't like the outcome?

Have you ever rewound your dream and changed it because you didn't like the outcome?
I have many times but I only noticed after I awaken. I can't fully lucid dream. I really want to though.

Photo by "Gabriel" on Unsplash

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. This is lucid dreaming. Usually when I do this it's because I'm being pursued, I am in danger and I have to jump from one roof to another, I don't make the jump so I rewind it and do it again.. this time with the complete knowledge and confidence that this is a dream and I am in control. It's wonderful.

One time it was a window, I jumped through a window and shards cut me very bad I was reight bleeding, so again I rewinded and.. I think I broke the window with something first and were more careful.

When friends die in dreams, like when hundreds of Until Dawn wendigo lookin' things were charging the building we were in, climbing in the windows and my friends were going down.. I couldn't rewind that unfortunately.

0|1
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

I hate when people die in dreams! It doesn't happen often for me but sometimes the sadness lasts even after I wake up. Then I realize that everything is okay and It was just a dream.

• I am so strange because I can only "lucid dream". I've always been at least partially conscious that I was in a dream. That said, I never rewound because I didn't like the outcome since I was at least partially in control of it. My dreams didn't surprise me much except what crazy things my imagination would conjure up, and I didn't really want to rewind since I could just keep going. That said, I had many where I died in the middle and then it was kind of start a new story after I died where I was resurrected and in a new scenario, often similar to the previous, and I suppose in some cases that was a sort of "rewind".

0|1
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

If people have seen the film, Edge of Tomorrow, I've had dreams like that where I died hundreds of times in them and kept retrying the scenario. Might have gotten inspired by all the video games I played where I could continue after game over screen.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

That would be quite cool. Maybe VR simulations for the future. :-D

• 8 d ago

Or technology gets so advanced to where people in their dream state can interact with people irl 😱 I've got a feeling that wouldn't turn out so well

Most Helpful Girls

• When I was a kid I had much more control over my dreams. If I didn't like what I was dreaming I could pick something else to dream about from a mental "menu" if you will.

I still dream a lot, but I haven't been able to obtain that control as an adult.

1|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

OMG I did the same thing. I thought having that mental menu was weird but it's so fun.

• I've tried lucid dreaming and have been unsuccessful. Many times. Thought it might help with the nightmares.

0|3
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

Tried binaural beats?

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

My nightmares are already disturbing so I'm willing to try.

• 8 d ago

Yes you do, if headphones are too bulky/uncomfortable you can use ear buds. I prefer headphones has they tend to have better frequency range compared to earbuds.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Same here... I can lucid dream. I did it as a kid more, but the ability isn't lost, compared to what others are saying. Also I still can control what I dream about. Like taking a video out of the player and putting in another one. I browse through a library to pick what I want to see atm πŸ˜… especially when I have nightmares. If they startle me I rewind and change the tape.

0|1
    0|0
  • Never found myself exhibiting any real control over a dream. I've gone back to sleep and found ways to re-enter the dream I was in before but that's about it. I can control the "where" but not the "what"

0|1
    0|0
  • Well sometimes am half asleep and half dreaming like i know am in a dream and if i really think about it a lot it might end the way i want it too but I've never been able to go back and change things, if i do am already awake and am just imagining it.

0|1
    0|0
  • lol a lot of the time I stay i bed and β€˜finish’ my dream or if I don’t like it I make up another ending lol I can't lucid dream though

1|1
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

Dang, you can finish a dream? Like wake up and go back to sleep and finish? I haven't done that in a while.

• 8 d ago

Hahaha im kind if like half awake and its rlly fun

• 8 d ago

Lucky!

• I have actually done this. Whoa great question πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

0|1
    0|0
  • I've never rewound an active dream, but I have been dreaming and realized I was dreaming and didn't like what was going on so I consciously changed dreams to an entirely different scenario. Almost like changing a TV channel.

0|1
    0|0
  • I often get woken mid dream then realising it's a dream go back in to see what happens

0|1
    0|0
  • If I wake up and fall back asleep Immediately I can control it because I am aware that it is a dream

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Only had very weird sex lucid dreams but never anyone I actually want to fuck.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, and very on purpose. Only can do it during those short spans when u wake up

0|1
    0|0
  • Im. sure I have.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do that with about 75% of the dreams I have

0|1
    0|0
    • 8 d ago

Do you have a method? Or does it just come to you?

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

It happened before I knew what it was, I thought it happened to everyone when they dreamt until I talked to some people about it and found out what it was called.

• I am the master of lucid dreaming

0|1
    0|0
  • I will try

0|1
    0|0
  • Can't say that I have.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only when I don't wake up paralyzed with the rotting corpse of a friend sitting on top of me screaming in my face.

0|1
    0|0
    • 7 d ago

dEaR gOd! How often does this happenΒΏ

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

I've never had something so realistic happen like that 😱

• 6 d ago

Yeah, it's not fun

• Yeah

0|1
    0|0