Do you like people?

Generally, I have found that people hurt one another so much that it makes me really disappointed. On the other hand, I find people fascinating and want to understand behavior and thought processes. Do you like people?

3|6

Most Helpful Guys

• Let's just say i want to like people.
    I consider myself a positive person i greet each day with a smile but then i open the door and go out into the world. Lol
    I don't want to sound cliche but everyone is fighting personal you know nothing about. I just try to keep that in mind and be a positive force as much as i can.

In the end it's not the fortune you amass, the things you owned, or the titles you held. But the lives you touched that really matters. I truly believe that.

3|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm friendly and sociable. I like meeting new people , but there's more people i dislike than like. That's why my circle of friends is small.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people, yes. I tolerate most others.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I like people, I may not like the malicious intention that some may have, but in the end I have the power to take them personal or not, and that choice makes a big difference in how affected I can get by those people or not. 😊🙆🏻‍♀️

1|2
    0|0
  • I do, generally speaking, but I think it's because I'm such a flawed person myself and have made many mistakes in my life. So I can't really look so negatively at people even if they're very imperfect, or selfish, or hostile, or idiotic, or vain. It's like if I see flawed people in a negative way, how am I supposed to look at myself in a positive way? :-D

2|1
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

Kind of going back to what we spoke about earlier with hyper-empathy, which is something I seem to also have, I used to dislike people most when I was younger who actually had a lot of the same weaknesses in common with me. In fact, I was projecting my self-loathing onto them. It's like, "I hate me, and you have a lot in common with me, therefore I hate you." While I don't believe so much in "self-love", learning to accept my faults and trying to overcome them and make fun of them helped me to also just take on a more favorable view of humanity in general. It started to become like, "I accept me, and we have some faults in common, so I also accept you."

• Show All
    • 13 d ago

I'm introspective to a fault. It's kind of a tightrope balancing act between sanity and insanity. :-D

• 12 d ago

Actually, if you work as I do in any way, I've found it very therapeutic to try to be friendly with people of all sorts, even people my younger self might have found off-putting. That doesn't that mean you have to date them or become best friends or put yourself in a vulnerable spot where the worst ones might exploit you. It's like the more I come to like people in general, the more I come to like myself, and vice versa. There's a strong mirror connection there in my case.

And I tend to go kind of crazy if I deprive myself of such social contact for too long, or just stay in a tightly-knit social group for too long (which is a constant danger for me since I have a very indoorsy job as a software engineer working remotely over the internet). If I don't do that for a while, slowly that kind of dislike of humanity, along with the self-loathing that mirrors it, begins to creep up on me until I head out the house, repair my view of humanity, and fix it (which also starts repairing my view of myself).

• I do like people. Maybe I am too romantic, but I believe that you should give everyone a chance to show you who he/she is.
    Ultimately I believe that you meet people for a day, people for a time span (e. g. childhood, school, etc) and people for life. It's your choice in which category you put them.

1|0
    0|0
    • 12 d ago

Personally, I wouldn't give everyone that chance because I'd have to open myself to them as well.
      I really like what you said about it being your choice which category you put them in. That's a great perspective.

• 12 d ago

With experience you learn to tell appart people earlier. Sometimes a glance or a single phrase from them is enough to know if you're going to get along or not. So you can avoid opening up yourself to start with.
      I am always cautious to what I share until I learn a person better. Like I have no problem to tell them I had chicken and salad for dinner, but I won't tell them about personal stuff. Especially not things that could be used against me...

• I like people. I like children more. Children are so precious, innocent. They have not been "damage" sadly... I am seeing more at my job. But at lease, I can give them hugs, knowedge, dreams and hope they will turn out well.
    As for people, I feel many have been so hurt/burned/damaged and walking around with lots in their mind.
    I want to know their stories, who they are, where they come from, where they are going, what their passions. At the end, we are all looking for one thing - Love

2|0
    0|0
  • I love people, except a lot of the ones online. I find people in person are wonderful and I love getting to know them and genuinly care about them. People online are just jerks a lot of the time.

2|0
    0|0
  • I half like them and half hate them. Most because of human nature. Some are evil and some are good.

I prefer humans doing as opposed to humans just being. Love makes the world go round. I think if you took love away from human nature, we would truly be a cancer to this planet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally, I don't care about people and what they do. So do I dislike them or like them? it's 50/50 if the person has nothing interesting I'm not going to bother with them and leave. I know it has hurt a lot of people, but it simply doesn't affect me since I can always find someone else to replace them with.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends.
    I guess it's all matter of frequenting the right people.

1|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

That's true. But I think sometimes my nature has drawn in the wrong kind of people. And then I have this false belief that I can help them or make them better but it just ends up with more hurt.

• I'm reading this as if you were an alien or a God looking down at us

In general yes

1|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

I'm an alien

• Show All
    • 13 d ago

While also acknowledging that I'm a weird and flawed alien.

• 12 d ago

Every living thing is flawed but in comparison humans are wayyyyh above all

• To be perfectly honest i care about myself more then anyone else.

I cAn act like i care about a lot of people but at the end of the day Im the main priority i care about, not others.

Something i need to work on i guess

1|0
    0|0
  • No , being honest , I far prefer other species of animal , I love my children , my mother and appreciate the small and very select group of friends I have , but overall most people I find irritating and crowd following " sheeple " . Give me dogs & my ferrets any day !!

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't understand the majority of them but f**king love them as a rule lol

1|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

That's great. Have you always been that way?

• 12 d ago

It was a bit of a flippant/throwaway answer but backed up with an element of truth. I've always felt massive empathy for friends, family or strangers... It's the reverse psychopath approach where when I have up's and down's I can kinda cope alright.. but on the otherhand when someone whether they are a friend/family member/stranger/someone in a film lol, is upset, then it affects me more than the same thing happening to me lol

• I can relate to your image. People disappoint, nature and do not. I know I can romance myself better than any man could. I'm not sure men are worth the effort to be honest.

2|0
    0|0
  • No I think most people are petty and overly dramatic. I might dislike good people if I find them annoying but it's more not enjoying interactions rather than the actual person. I always give people the benefit of the doubt though until they prove unworthy. I don't have time for toxic people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Same here I'm also fascinated by people and would like to understand their behavior and thought but not just that i want to know what keeps them going what inspired them and what is their view on things.
    everyone's unique and that's why I love people

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking no. However I have eased up on my curmudgeonly, misanthrope ways.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you like people?

That question is pretty vague as when misinterpreted, it can mean polygamy.

1|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

How? isn't this question self-explanatory?

• Show All
    • 13 d ago

This
      Is
      Hilarious

• 13 d ago

I didn't feel the need to clarify because GaG gives the selection for a category. Had I wanted it to lean a certain direction, I may have selected a different category. I want to know how most people feel towards people as a whole. Do you mostly like people or do you mostly dislike people?

• There are very selective people that I like of course.

But yes, it's awesome when I get to know someone at a way deeper level and not just superficial and those are what I count as my people.

Have a nice day!!

0|0
    0|0
  • I met great people, bad people and nice people. I meet new people all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Right now, I really hate myself. I consider myself a person and I hurt basically everyone who ever cared about me.

I dont like people at all. I am all fucked up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Human beings are social creatures, so yes I do like people. Though being an introvert, I also do enjoy my alone time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I feel there's to types of people no matter what job they have an that means nice or mean but most people's day can reflect meaness when there not tring to be mean cuz they had bad stuff happen to them so you can't always tell the truly mean people at 1st site

1|0
    0|0
  • As a whole I love them completely the best thing that happened in at least a few hundred light years. I am the complete opposite of a misanthrope. As individuals I hate most of you motherfuckers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmRy_EuOpwo

0|0
    0|0
  • I do. Sometimes I get so naive and think they're good at heart. I give them all a clean slate and so far, some have proven to be pretty good, others simply flawed, and others just vile. People are quite fascinating. Generally seem to be self serving, sometimes manipulative. Must be human nature.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no. People are violent, greedy, perverted assholes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have issues with people generally. and I love to socialize and meet new people. I just think in mass, most people think bout themselves Way before they think of anyone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, many of them a nice to talk to, you can hug them, they can make you feel nice anddd because of people we are not lonely🤗

1|0
    0|0
  • I really don't I mean I like family and some others but I do not have empathy for many people. People always lower the bar and are trash. Men are more inclined to do evil than good that is a proven fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • I generally have a predisposed cynical attitude to people. That they're either too generic and thus annoying, idiots or plain boring. I have high standards for whom I call friend, that linked with how opinionated I am, (in an assertive/argumentative way, not in a hostile/violent way), makes it hard for most people to get along with me. Especially in this day and age when disagreement is the bane of existence for so many sensitive souls out there. But as a result, the friends I do have are superb, and truly has my back.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like people but out of all the things there are to like, I like people the least. 😋

1|0
    0|0
  • I generally like animals better, but there have been a few women I've really enjoyed :)

2|0
    0|0
  • I like people. I don’t like when people are mean to each other though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I have lost my faith in humanity a while ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like people and I think most people are nice,
    But then again, I'm just 20 y/o... I've still got a lot to see.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's called curiosity n anxiety to know the people n why such thing keep it in limit if not it gives bad situations

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm only at peace or feel safe when alone. Now I love people but being with them isn t for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really , considering there are a lot of assholes in this world , i dont hate people i just dont trust people right away takes me awhile. to trust someone considering how people can easily back stab one another or blind side you , so i learned to Love myself and keep my guard up more and treat people the way i want to be treated if they choose to give me the same positive energy i give tp them then i will keep them in my life but you betray me or back stab me i walk away and they become nobody tp me.

1|0
    0|0
  • No.. most are hella annyoing.. I don't even like talking to them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love people! I do... pathetic as we are, we are all we have on this planet

1|0
    0|0
  • I love my dog. He's loyal, doesn't lie, and loves me unconditionally.
    That's more than I can say for most people.
    I can't stand most people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally, no, I don't. People don't like me, how could I ever like someone who doesn't like me?

1|0
    0|0
  • I like people but stay away when one seems shady. But i am very shy
    sensitive type kind.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a soul family. There is not many of them and i dont communicate on a daily bases. I like them so there's that. I am not a people person and I believe that people hurt each other to much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I totally agree with the opinion of your question somebody after my own heart think you are probably more aware than other people an Observer lovely jubbly keep observing we need more people like you

0|0
    0|0
  • I like some people more than I like others. Also, I love sunrises and sunsets, often go to the beach to enjoy the sunrise

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really.

I like anime characters better, at least they will not betray you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't be friends with so many people. Keep the circle small with people who are trustworthy, wise and loyal.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like them to a degree I mostly stay away from people I don’t know not because I’m afraid of people but because they seem to be afraid of me

0|0
    0|0
  • I like people in small doses. Working from home for 10+ years has made it hard to like anyone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't hate em. Don't like much either but I don't hate em

0|0
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes