Do you have a consistent theme or object in your dreams?

Inspired by this question by @Sonorous Have you ever rewound your dream and changed it because you didn't like the outcome? ↗

In my dreams if I wake up and fall back asleep I can get back to where I was before by going through a few doors. However, there's always a black door that looks like it's made of water. It's bolted and latched shut, and a noise that terrifies me comes from the other side. Closest thing I can find that resembles the sound is the "sounds of Saturn" https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2-P8hG5-E though not nearly as loud and "panic-inducing"

When I touch the door, everything begins to melt and I usually start to either freeze or burn and then I wake up.

I think the "door" is a subconscious trigger for me to wake up, the noise is my own breathing and the black water is my vision. Basically I touch the door and it opens my eyes. The sudden shock of coming to consciousness causes discomfort which I perceive as a burning or freezing sensation. The fact that the door is bolted shut represents the fact that I don't want to wake up yet.

That's at least my theory. The sound still haunts me in my waking life, though.

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes I do: My possession or attempted possession of a handgun and other's attempts (usually my mother's) to prevent me from obtaining one or taking it/they away. I see the handgun/s as a symbol of power and people's preventing me from having power. Tornadoes used to feature in my dreams. I see them as having symbolized trouble and chaos, and shocking secrets exposed, and my attempts to deal with it. Another consistent theme in my dreams is being stuck back in school or a bad job environment. These are just literal replays of my unhappy past experiences. by the way I'm interested in astronomy, and am intrigued by the sounds of Saturn. Most of those sounds come from Saturn's rings.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ayyee thanks for the mention 👌 Nope, my dreams are totally random! You should document every detail of your dreams and see if there's something to decode. I forget what it's called but there are ways to read dreams. I don't know if it's legit but you should try!

Side note: Uhh... I think Saturn might actually be hell :')
    Do you have a consistent theme or object in your dreams?

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If I put my intent into it, I can but sometimes I fail. Usually I dream of one particular person and one setting I know very well and I can move around in any direction I intent in my dream. Part of it is because I was very familiar with the place and person I dream of.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• There are always deers in my dreams
    They almost always end up dying
    Its very eery

Just last night I had a dream that one entered my apartment and destroyed everything. I ended up tying 3 of its hooves together. And then a strange man came into my apartment and sacrificed it.

I will also have dreams where a dear will jump in front of my car
    Will trample me
    or will chase me

1|1
    0|0
  • "When I touch the door, everything begins to melt and I usually start to either freeze or burn and then I wake up." well that escalated quickly lol

i loved your analysis by the way ! i dream about everything. I even learned how to control my dreams. Some people say its a skill but not in my case or at least that's what i think.. Maybe i did unconsciously who knows. but i do have 2 dreams that never stop repeating. One where I see myself at the seaside, sitting next to very large rocks made of gold and the other where i see myself escaping from unknown individuals wearing masks so everytime we meet in the same dream but in different places ( i know), i run quickly and loose sight of them , i find a house waiting ( just like in every dream) so i enter it , close the door and hear knocks and this is where i know they found me. so i rush to jump out the window from the other side.

Now , i think the "house" thing was just like that movie 'inception" where you get to control the buildings and the places but not the people :p so maybe it was a boost from my brain? i don't know but it was really fun.. Woke up feeling weird and tired..

0|0
    0|0
  • Teeth-losing/bleeding has been a common thing for the past couple months. And living a life completely unlike my own or experiencing things that seem so real and look just like something irl. I've woken up more than once wondering if what I did was actually real.

1|0
    0|0
  • Do you watch a lot of horror movies? Because that sounds creepy as hell.

1|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

It sounds creepy, but I think my explanation for it is as good an interpretation as any. Seems logical to me. Just metaphysical translations of my primary senses into my dream reality.

• 9 d ago

It made it sound like sleep paralysis to me.

• In general, I have a lot of nightmares. Not all are the same, but they have something in common: they all feature inanimate objects moving. Whether it's because of ghosts or they just move by themselves.
    Sometimes it's clothes moving as if someone was wearing it, or dolls and plushies being alive, or furniture moving and stuff.
    In general it ends with me facing whatever is making all of this move, and I wake up so terrified I can't move.

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually don't dream, and if I do then it's something really weird or funny. I had a dream my co-worker told me she thought my Forever Red perfume was stinky, I was highly offended lol But yeah the planets all have their own tune/sound. They all sing praises for God and if you were to piece all the stars in the galaxy it would probably make the most beautiful music you've ever heard.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only dream that I am aftraid of is me killing people. I have had this dream twice where I was killing people who I think are terrorists, then I sacrifice myself for a girl. Then I see this girl in fucking school. Like wtf. She was in my class before but I had forgotten her as our section changed after kindergarten. And man, I shitted my pants after seeing her. Then she came in my class too. I stayed the fuck away from her!

1|0
    0|1
  • I'm a ridiculously laid back guy with very little drama, when I dream though the predominate dream is either massive (a massive agents with friendly) or just staying awake waiting for any updates!

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a lot of dreams with snakes... I don't know how I should feel about that lol. And I'm usually running away from something or someone but in different places or situations lol. How I always survive? I don't know, but I think everyone survives in their dreams anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always have this sh! tty dream where my parent came home from hospital after the operation and I'm happy for a brief moment only to wake up and realize they are gone..
    Also have this dream i'm with some girl experiencing the physical side of a relationship only to wake up and realize im alone and still never experienced that

0|0
    0|0
  • the dreams i do remember, i'm mostly conscious in. so i kind of have control over what happens xD i mostly spend my time doing the superman thing xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Tornados. Half the dreams I can remember had tornados in them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pretty lucid and complex dreams and an intelligent analysis.

1|0
    0|0
  • In most of my nightmares there are concentration camps

1|0
    0|0
  • The rare times I dream, always apocalyptic and full of death.

1|0
    0|0
  • One weird thing that is very consistent in my nightmares is a contorted burning lamb.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have consistent areas in which I experience certain dreams

1|1
    0|0
  • A reoccuring nightmare of starting an essay too late, it scares me the most

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes death, I've died in my dreams a thousand times in the most freakish ways possible

0|0
    0|0
  • My local theme park which was one of the biggest, most popular theme parks in my country when I was a child, competing with the very best, and which held the title of biggest log flume drop in the country for some years. It ceased to exist because of managerial decisions probably even worse than those of Blockbuster, and I miss it. It was western themed.. it was so cool.

Only recently from thinking about how much I miss it, has caused me to have numerous dreams where I'm there. Realisation when I wake up is sad every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • demons, ghosts, poltergeists, angels, gods (greek, egyptian not norse), and the creator/destroyer of the multiverse God himself

0|0
    0|0
  • Music. Last night I had a dream that I was jamming with Robbie Robertson of The Band.

0|0
    0|0
  • That’s actually really interesting. Can you pm me more details?

0|0
    0|0
  • Death and Absurdity.

1|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

I remember this one dream where I fell through the ground into a black hole after being pursued by someone wanting to kill me.

• 9 d ago

I once had a dream that I fell through a hole Portal style, just kept falling through the same space in a loop.

• 9 d ago

Some of them are borderline insanity. My house was somehow the same dimensions, yet is part of the edge of the Flatiron building. The streets are purple and will infect you into zombies and I was stuck in a bedroom while my family was trying to kill me, and I decided to jump out of the window onto the ground, and there were purple zombies on the street.

• The bull.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, but cool story, brah

1|0
    0|0
  • falling

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really

1|0
    0|0
  • Yess, and everyone who sees this image will eventually see him in their dreams too

1|0
    0|0
  • My brain seems not willing to accept that I can’t get a girlfriend I have never dated but in almost all of my dreams I have a girlfriend or there’s a girl flirting with me

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes