Do you have a consistent theme or object in your dreams?

Inspired by this question by @Sonorous Have you ever rewound your dream and changed it because you didn't like the outcome? ↗

In my dreams if I wake up and fall back asleep I can get back to where I was before by going through a few doors. However, there's always a black door that looks like it's made of water. It's bolted and latched shut, and a noise that terrifies me comes from the other side. Closest thing I can find that resembles the sound is the "sounds of Saturn" https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sh2-P8hG5-E though not nearly as loud and "panic-inducing"

When I touch the door, everything begins to melt and I usually start to either freeze or burn and then I wake up.

I think the "door" is a subconscious trigger for me to wake up, the noise is my own breathing and the black water is my vision. Basically I touch the door and it opens my eyes. The sudden shock of coming to consciousness causes discomfort which I perceive as a burning or freezing sensation. The fact that the door is bolted shut represents the fact that I don't want to wake up yet.

That's at least my theory. The sound still haunts me in my waking life, though.

627

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes I do: My possession or attempted possession of a handgun and other's attempts (usually my mother's) to prevent me from obtaining one or taking it/they away. I see the handgun/s as a symbol of power and people's preventing me from having power. Tornadoes used to feature in my dreams. I see them as having symbolized trouble and chaos, and shocking secrets exposed, and my attempts to deal with it. Another consistent theme in my dreams is being stuck back in school or a bad job environment. These are just literal replays of my unhappy past experiences. by the way I'm interested in astronomy, and am intrigued by the sounds of Saturn. Most of those sounds come from Saturn's rings.

• Ayyee thanks for the mention 👌 Nope, my dreams are totally random! You should document every detail of your dreams and see if there's something to decode. I forget what it's called but there are ways to read dreams. I don't know if it's legit but you should try!

Side note: Uhh... I think Saturn might actually be hell :')

Most Helpful Girl

• If I put my intent into it, I can but sometimes I fail. Usually I dream of one particular person and one setting I know very well and I can move around in any direction I intent in my dream. Part of it is because I was very familiar with the place and person I dream of.