Have you ever been in a physical fight with someone/group of people?

What's your story? I have once in high school, a girl shoved my friend out of line and she shoved back, some words were exchanged and before I know it, it was my group of friends versus her group of friends and we were pulling each others hair, kicking and hitting each other. XDHave you ever been in a physical fight with someone/group of people?Have you ever been in a physical fight with someone/group of people?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I'm Batman and I kickass daily
    Vote C

716

Most Helpful Guys

• Multiple times. While I never started the fight, I have a tendency to mock people who are being ridiculous. Needless to say that not everyone likes that. lol

2 situations from the top of my head:

1. I'm around in a big city with a few friends. We go to a McDonalds because some guys want something to eat. Friend and I stay outside, because we have booze. A bunch of turks came along and starting to discuss how we should give them our booze. I was like "yeah, no." After some back and forth I tell them to fuck off and leave already. I get a sucker punch to my face. I punch twice back and knock that shit out and then move into the McDonalds to my friends before some of these shits get the idea to pull a knife.

2. I am at a village-festival. Some guy comes to my group and is like "I would knock you out" and points a finger and then proceeds to do it to everyone "and you... and you... and you". My drunk self said "Sure. Go ahead". He charges at me and I slip backwards. But he is more drunk than I am. So I kinda try to hold back and defend until people pull him back. Eventually his girlfriend or sister or whatever calms him down and leaves my group.
    Later on I move in the party-tent and he sees me and instantly charges me again (wtf?). This time I didn't hold back. I pushed him back and gave him a wide right swing. He flew backwards over a table and two benches.
    I leave the tent and 5 minutes later a friend comes to me saying how he must have injured himself. So I just called quits and left. Don't want to deal with police or anything.

Later on same friend who told me about the injury found out he was the cousin of someone we both went to pre-school with (the world is small). Apparently he was regulary picking fights like this, but this time he broke his shoulder which calmed him down quite a bit in terms of picking fights.

• 10 d ago

When alcohol is involved, some guys just want to fight. For no reason at all 😅

• 10 d ago

For sure. Especially when you are a rather chill guy some folks assume you are an easy target.

• A number of times in the past though it was usually "civil" in a sense. No one was using any weapons, and we stopped when the other was down.

I got into a much worse one with a dozen or so gang members one time. That was brutal in ways I never experienced before, as they kept kicking me after I was down and fractured my hands from blocking their kicks. I ended up losing two teeth and fractured some ribs on top of that, and it was only when the police arrived that they stopped and started running away.

I'm also not much of a fighter. I got into that fight trying to stop the gang from beating up on a man and woman, both of whom were already down and bleeding. I was hoping to just talk them out of it saying they had already won and don't need to continue, only for them to turn on me.

I think that the incident gave me some mild form of PTSD for the following year since I was angry all the time for no reason even after I recovered from all the injuries.

• 10 d ago

Sorry to hear it gave you PTSD, but it was a really brave thing you did

• 10 d ago

Cheers and thanks -- though I was drunk so maybe I had a bit of liquid courage there. :-D In particular, there were all these bystanders watching the couple being beaten and doing nothing, and that irritated me a lot. They likewise just kept watching when the gang turned on me.

I think that's why I got so upset and angry for the following year or so -- I was kind of disappointed in humanity, I suppose... or maybe just taking too many kicks to the head knocked some screws loose. :-D I got better after I ceased drinking for half a year and gradually returned to my happy-go-lucky self.

Most Helpful Girls

• When I was in high school - a lot of kids would make fun of me - and if somebody made fun of me - I would sometimes respond by hitting them - I was not going to hit them enough to leave a bruise or scar cause I wasn't a violent person - but I would hit them lightly to irritate them into leaving me alone. However - that just made the guys believe it was socially acceptable to make fun off me since I was fighting back. When I stopped fighting back by hitting them - they stopped making of me - cause if your a guy and you make fun of a pretty girl who isn't fighting back - all the other guys will want to beat the crap out of you. So that's how I ended the cycle of bullying I was faced with at school.

• Omg yes!!! I got into a fight with my elementary school bully and a childhood guy friend who liked me but was always teasing me. He kept pulling my ponytail. So I told him if he did it again I would push him in the river. He did it again and off he went. There was a bit of a drop so when he got out the water he was soooo mad. He punched me in the face and basically that's how fight club started. 👍😇