Why is a male bully more likely to change after he gets a beating than a female?

I've heard several tales of that happening. My own cousin beat up his former bully and the guy respected him since.
Sometimes the male bully and guy that beat him up become friends. That also happens even if the fight was even and neither win.

However, not in this case:
I had a female bully in junior high. She was into punches but I knew how to fight too and better than her. I won but nope, we never became friends. She would just ignore me.
The only thing that changed is the bullying part but she would do other things such as spread gossips about others... the non-physical things.
Updates:
4 d ago
It's so easy with the male bully... one beating and he sometimes changes for the better.
The same doesn't tend to happen with the female bully such as in my case.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The make variant of fighting is usually misunderstood. Most of us sock each other a few times and when we've calmed down the conflict is done and its about time one of the people buys the other guy a beer and compliments each other on the nice right hook while taunting that left jab, what the heck was he even trying to do with that?

Girls meanwhile.. You generally tend to hold grudges more than we do.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

You guys are simple. I think that's how it should be.
      If she would have just said ''let's move on, friends'', I would have accepted it though but oh well. Yeah, I don't see the point in drama.

• 4 d ago

Not sure if simple is the word here. Its more like being honest or sincere. We are okay changing our minds after bashing each other's skull in.

Heck, I had a conflict with a guy and he probably saved my life afterwards, at quite the risk to his own wellbeing - he ended up hospitalized for two weeks after lying about where I went when some (armed) wanna-be gangsters came looking for me, because I had bumped into one of them (would you believe that? Who the hell tries to off someone for that?) It is hard to not at least respect someone after all that.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Women are different. Most female bullying is not done with fists, she just knows now not to target you.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

yeah that was the very first time and last time I ever got bullied. I heard through others that she still doesn't like me till this day.
      Meanwhile I had already moved on from that incident.

• 4 d ago

Keep an eye open. Women bullies tend not to let things go and will harm you if they can if not physically.

• because most men will respect each other after a fight. women will just hold a grudge after

1|1
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Interesting. Men made things so simple. I think that's how it should be.
      If she would have moved on and shake hands with me, I would have accepted it but oh well. As a woman, I don't like drama.

• Men fight more easily and over less important stuff, and men also engage in play-fighting, so we have many different levels of "fighting."

Women only fight when they're threatened, so for them, every fight is "Kill or be killed, no honor, no mercy."

It's also because women are weaker and less built for fighting. A man can afford to let his enemies live because he's big and strong and if he beats them once, he can always just beat them again. But for a woman, if she makes an enemy, that enemy will always be a serious threat to her. Especially because women tend to lack a code of honor, so they assume their enemy has no honor either. An honorable man might assume that his enemies wouldn't cheat, because he would never cheat his own honor. A woman will assume that her enemies WILL cheat, because she knows that she would, if she was them.

1|0
    0|0
  • As others said, it's about respect.

Women though... I dunno, they still don't make sense to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • For guys pain retains. Females are more emotional creatures 🖤

0|0
    0|0
  • No, they would feel embarrassed and inferior, making them want to "prove themselves"

0|0
    0|0
  • More violence 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • someone should beat up trump then

0|0
    0|0
  • Its about respect. A male bullies you because he doesn't think you'll do anything about it. You don't even have to win the fight, just prove that you won't be pushed around.

A female bullies because she's insecure. Getting a beat-down only makes it worse.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4 d ago

Would be a better world if things were that simple... you just stand up to the bully, fight it off and that's it.
      I had already moved on after the fight meanwhile she still doesn't like me according to others. Wow...

• 4 d ago

That's what I'm saying. With a guy, you just fight and that's that.

With a girl, even if you win she's still gonna hate you because women bully out of insecurity and only get more insecure when they take a loss.

Recommended myTakes