Why is a male bully more likely to change after he gets a beating than a female?

I've heard several tales of that happening. My own cousin beat up his former bully and the guy respected him since.
Sometimes the male bully and guy that beat him up become friends. That also happens even if the fight was even and neither win.

However, not in this case:
I had a female bully in junior high. She was into punches but I knew how to fight too and better than her. I won but nope, we never became friends. She would just ignore me.
The only thing that changed is the bullying part but she would do other things such as spread gossips about others... the non-physical things.
4 d ago
It's so easy with the male bully... one beating and he sometimes changes for the better.
The same doesn't tend to happen with the female bully such as in my case.

37

Most Helpful Guy

• The make variant of fighting is usually misunderstood. Most of us sock each other a few times and when we've calmed down the conflict is done and its about time one of the people buys the other guy a beer and compliments each other on the nice right hook while taunting that left jab, what the heck was he even trying to do with that?

Girls meanwhile.. You generally tend to hold grudges more than we do.

• 4 d ago

You guys are simple. I think that's how it should be.
      If she would have just said ''let's move on, friends'', I would have accepted it though but oh well. Yeah, I don't see the point in drama.

• 4 d ago

Not sure if simple is the word here. Its more like being honest or sincere. We are okay changing our minds after bashing each other's skull in.

Heck, I had a conflict with a guy and he probably saved my life afterwards, at quite the risk to his own wellbeing - he ended up hospitalized for two weeks after lying about where I went when some (armed) wanna-be gangsters came looking for me, because I had bumped into one of them (would you believe that? Who the hell tries to off someone for that?) It is hard to not at least respect someone after all that.