Do men deserve a say?

If a woman gets pregnant. From a hookup and wants the baby.

But the man feels he made a huge mistake and wants an abortion. Wants a baby with someone he’s married to.

Does he deserve a say in the decision? Even though it’s the women’s body.

I feel feel like he definitely should seen as it could mess up someone life/plans
  • Where I live - he would
    Vote A
  • Where I live - he wouldn’t
    Vote B
  • Yes he should
    Vote C
  • Don’t know
    Vote D
  • No he shouldn’t
    Vote E
  • Other
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• No vote in it. Sorry dude. Messing up your life plans - should be thought about before the hook up. Her body, her decision. If you do not want to have anything to do with the baby, just dont. But you do not get to change your mind later on.
    Also, the contraception is available world wide.

1|0
    0|1
    • 7 d ago

What about if protection was used. Or she poked holes in the condom.
      It’s not fair, because the man would have to pay for the child and probably would have limited access.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

What about if two people are dating and she does it. Without the mans consent.

I feel like she deserves life imprisonment

• 6 d ago

No sain woman would do that! 😂

• He doesn't deserve to have a say in wheter she aborts it or not. But he should have the option to cut all ties with the child. He shouldn't have to pay Child support for a kid he didn't want

1|1
    0|1
    • 7 d ago

Yeah fair. I feel like he should have some say or influence in whether she aborts it or not.

Like if she’s on the fence and He’s like NO

• 7 d ago

Yeah, but that's not what happens, is it?

• The man should not have the power to force the woman into an abortion, and even though the man should take responsibility for his actions and should use protection, I think it should be possible for the man to apply for exemption from the duties that would usually befall a biological father.
    The case will have to be assessed by some legal authority to ensure that this does not become the male equivalent of using abortion over contraception.
    Perhaps there should be one or more meetings between the two parties with the support of a mediator. I have a feeling that the discussions arising from this situation are primarily based on feelings. While feelings are good, perhaps they should not be the only predictor of how the woman chooses to act. A mediator could help the parties (in particular the woman, I think) figure out, what would be the best solution in 18-20 years (or how long the child needs caring for).

If a child is conceived during an act of casual sex without the intent of pregnancy, men have no say, despite being affected by the situation (even if it is to a lesser degree than the women).

With the way our world works today, women can make mistakes. They can skip the pills or not brings a condom (or other contraceptives) when they have casual sex. Men cannot make the mistake of forgetting the condom or being too drunk to care about it, and if a man does end up making a mistake or simply being unlucky (condom breaking/sliding off), he is scolded, blamed and frowned upon, whereas a woman in the same situation would be pitied and supported (unless she did it over and over). At least, that is the general picture I see.

There is also the child to take into consideration. If the woman is fine with bringing up the child on her own - and possibly without the economical support of the biological father - that is fine. If the mother and father can find a solution that pleases both parties that is great, too.
    But what happens to the child when the mother and father cannot come to an agreement. Nobody likes being forced into something, and forcing the man to care for a child he had no intention of having might lead to difficulties for the child. Children are far to often forgotten when parents (to be) disagree.

It is very interesting that we talk about gender equality, but neglect the feelings, emotions and needs of men in so many discussions. We seem to think that women need help to get to the level men, while men just have to "grow a pair" and suck it up.
    I am not saying that men and women are equal in this matter and should have the same power over the situation. But I do find it curious how society is unwilling to act when men have issues. It is no wonder that men do at times feel castrated in more that the sexual sense of the word.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

A womens body, not yours.
    Dont be a dumbass next time

1|0
    0|1
    • 7 d ago

Men should have a say. Men should be making laws about a woman’s body.

Also, I meant to ask this question more as if she faked she was on birth control and manipulated him.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

Men do kind of own women. They are objects for our pleasure and amusement. That’s why people struggle to take them seriously in the working world. They need us to provide for them, even the independent ones because they are helpless on their own and bitter.

• 6 d ago

Maybe next time post non- anon. You are pathetic already talking big not even behind your own profile.

• If there's no intrest in a baby and it was never a topic... i think the guy should have a big say. I dont see the woman can be forced to abortion this is nonsense but the man should not be forced to pay or take care in any way.
    My idea were a contract wich unties the guy from any responsibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • He should have a say, but if she keeps it, it should be on the basis it has essentially no ties to him and he doesn't need to pay anything towards it.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only he is allowed to do in my opinion is NOT pay child support. If the woman decides that she wants the child sure no problem but if the man does not want the child well thats on her.

0|0
    0|0
  • If women have the right to abortion, men should have the right to absolve all financial obligation for the child.

0|0
    0|0
  • A man has no authority over a woman unless he's married to her, & the only reason men have authority in marriage is because they're given greater responsibility; the Bible commands men to provide shelter (Prov 19:14) and all necessities (Ex 21:10, Eph 5:28-29) for their families, and protect their families at all costs, even at the cost of his own life if necessary (Eph 5:25, Neh 4:14).

Now, according to Exodus 22:16-17, a man is required to marry a woman with whom he has premarital sex. So in that case, & assuming the man is obligated to provide for all his wife's needs, then yes, he can have equal say because he has equal responsibility.

If not, then no, men don't have equal say, because they aren't obligated with equal responsibility for the pregnancy.

1|0
    0|1
    • 7 d ago

Oh, my question was regarding whether a man has equal say AGAINST an abortion. If we are discussing that he WANTS an abortion, then he still has no authority unless he marries her, which is what he should do.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

@Bananaman177 I'm indifferent about abortion legality because the Bible says nothing against abortion. I think it's a sin because it's interfering with God's work, but not all sin should be illegal (lying isn't). So I'm fine with it being either illegal or legal (only during the first trimester) as long as men have equal responsibility.

• 6 d ago

But they DON'T have equal responsibility. They're the ONLY ones who are actually held responsible, the woman can choose whatever she wants, and the government will support her either way. The man has no choice, and the government will side against him either way.

How "indifferent" would you be if the shoe was on the other foot, I wonder?

• No,. If a dumb fucker didn't use protection he deserves to get sacked.

1|0
    0|0
  • a woman decides what happens to her body, it’s no one else’s decision to make.

0|0
    0|1
  • Whatever leads to the child getting born is alright with me

0|0
    0|0
  • Ideally, if he has no say neither should he have any responsibility.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, he is allowed to ask her to marry him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, of course

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes he should

0|0
    0|0
  • If a woman gets pregnant, it's her decision, and her decision alone

as is the case with rape. why should she HAVE to have a rape baby, just because he raped her and wants her to have it

0|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

Oh, and before you say "well, not everyone gets pregnant from rape". well, who's the idiot who's protecting himself, THEN raping. I can't think of any guy who puts a condom on before they rape. i don't know any rapists, but, can you imagine if they were like "oh, im gonna rape, but, wait, let me first be at least safe about it, i mean, he's a rapist, what does he care about "being safe"

• Yes they should

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes