How long have you been without a period?

Girls, (guys can answer if they know about any girls' periods) how long have you been without a period? I've been without a period for a year now :(

84

84
  • That doesn't seem right. The only reason you wouldn't have a period is if you had a hysterectomy. There can be other reasons too, like thyroid or other hormonal issues. Also if you are anorexic it can stop your periods. I knew a girl who told me she hadn't had a period in a year. Later on she found out she had thyroid cancer and it had to be removed. Your thyroid controls body temperature so she was forever having hot and cold flashes. If I were you I would have your doctor check you out.

• I have been pregnant twice so 9 months each time. i started my period right back up after birth even tho I breastfed

• I have been writing this sentence containing 248 words until it made no sense anymore and I had to put a period to end it.

• Nearly 5 years now. Had my first Nexplanon implant at 17. All was ok. Second implant at 20. Within 3 or 4 months, periods stopped. Not had one since.

• 5 d ago

Sorry to hear about that :( I was on microgynon 30

• 4 d ago

Did insurance pay for it?

• 4 d ago

@Paige90 I am in UK, and get it done for nothing.

• The ten months that I was pregnant then 16 months after that because of breastfeeding

• 6 days ago

• Birth. I'm starting to get concerned

• I really don't keep track of the number of days.

• All of my life... lol... sorry I couldn't resist.

• going on 29 years

• from my knowledge. unless you haven't hit puberty or have finished the whole cycle thing and go into menopause then you should always have a period a month so if you in that range then you might wanna check with doctor

• a month, unfortunately it’ll be here soon lmao