How you ever heard of the man who went into the wild and die? Do you think he was stupid to think he could surrive on his own?

I would have come back home ASAP. The hell would I be doing wandering out alone.

0|3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• watch the show Alone and you'll get a sense of what it's actually like. this is actually one of my life goals.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe you´re referring to Chris McCandless. It was a crazy thing to do, but he was reportedly mentally ill.

1|1
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

I am mentally ill but I am not stupid enough to do that. Maybe because i am a women and I am always hungry lol. I always wanted to live in a traveling working tiny house with maybe a good friend. But I would make sure to have a career online like computer progamming or even a small company online so that I could afford to eat and gas and water for bathing.

• 6 d ago

There are many types of mental illness, not sure what kind McCandless supposedly had. If you want to do the survivalist thing alone in the wilderness, you should be well prepared and have the proper equipment.

• 6 d ago

lol I wouldn't cut myself away from society and not alone for sure. I am just saying if I ever do I am probably will be on the road near other city and towns.

• Are you talking about Christopher McCandless whose story was portrayed in the movie Into the Wild?
    He was ill prepared to survive on his own in the wilderness. He had no survival skills or training.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds exciting. The last few days of my life would be my greatest adventure and the last thing on my mind before death.

1|1
    0|0
  • It’s like the movie into the wild! I don’t know any man that has gone in to the wild and subsequently died... if one of my friends wanted too I wouldn’t allow him too!

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never really heard of this, but yeah, he does sound like a total dipstick.

Simples...

1|0
    0|0
    • 6 d ago

its a movie and a book called into the wild. Its his biography. He was tired of the world and he sold all his stuff and gave it all to charity. So he set out to live in the wild and meet a few hitchhiker and even a girl who wanted to marry him but he was determined to live wherver the world takes him. lol He end up dead by himself due to lack of nutrient. He wanted to find out what would happen if he tired to cure himself naturally is what I think he did what he did.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

Yeah, I'd ask for help and try to find my way back.

• 6 d ago

exactly. You don't just stay in one place and die.

• Yes, read the book years back. They made a movie.
    He wasn't happy with family situation and went away backpacking. Sad story...

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought you were talking about "grizzly man" who got ate by a grizzly bear.

1|0
    0|0
  • Same reason people today go backpacking in modern warzones - they think they are invincible.

1|0
    0|0
  • I live in the wild. Heard about a poor guy flip his ATV over due to uneven ground. Crushed his lungs. Horrid way to go.

1|0
    0|0
  • This man Chris McCandless set to go to stay in this old school bus
    in Alaska and here is whole story on him. He lived on what he
    could eat and drink basically died from starvation or poisoning
    their not really sure but this makes you wonder why people would
    stay out in the wilderness and i don't know how some do it.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_McCandless

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmmmm... That is very specific...

1|0
    0|0
  • He wanted to die that was his mind set

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes