21 d

When you have a roommate, do they have to be of the same gender and sexual orientation as you?

What is your criteria for selecting a roommate?

I am not referring to anyone with a relationship like boyfriend/girlfriend or SO, only "friends" type of situation.

Wouldn't it be important to you that you have many things in common in order to have a good match if living together with someone else?
A. YES, I am a straight female and I would have to have another straight female as a roommate for sure
B. Yes, I am a straight male and I would have to have another straight male as a roommate
C. I am a lesbian female, so no secret that my room mate would have to be another lesbian female
Vote C
D. I am a gay male and would want another gay male as a roommate
Vote D
E. Gender and sexual orientation would not matter to me, only that we are friends and get along well togther
Vote E
F. I would prefer a roommate of the opposite gender but don't care about their sexual orientation
Vote F
G. OTHER, see my comments below, or just open the roommate survey
Vote G
GirlGuy
59
52