6 d

How do I get over all my negative high school experiences?

I live in a small community where it’s not that hard to see a familiar face. I graduate from High School back in June and looking back at my high school days, I get upset, angry, or cringe. It’s like High School gave me PTSD. They are times where I still think about how I was mocked, insulted and laughed at by some of my classmates. I still think how some would be rude and comments about me or my body behind my back or in my face. I still think the stupid things I did or said just because or to fit in. I still think about how my ex’s or boys I liked played manipulated or used me, making me feel worthless or undesirable while they dated and treated someone else better. I remember how I would end up in confrontations with others over stupid shit despite me hating confrontation so much. I remember when some classmates would taunt me, put their hands on me despite me saying stop multiple times. It’s a lot. I wouldn’t say I was “bullied” or made fun of mercilessly but I’m not the type of person who people would see as a threat or take seriously. I’m weird, soft-spoken, and an easy-target with low confidence and self esteem. I’m not like the other girls in my school who are super pretty, smart, popular with lots of friends by their side, and had lots of admirers or a good boyfriend. I don’t stand out and often misunderstood by others, also I never speak up or defend myself cause my words get flustered or I’m afraid of worsening the situation

I will admit, some things that happened I deserve because I did it to myself and I can’t change that but High school made me such an angry, bitter person. All those negative experiences still put fear in my heart as soon I may have to move to a new house in my community where I might encounter and live near those people who hurt me and don’t want to see again and I don’t know what to do. I just don’t want relive high school outside of high school.

I’m in college with some of my former peers, I’m doing good but I don't know, I’m scared.
1
1