2 mo

Can you, as white people, tell when someone is mixed race?

it’s not a very well worded question, so let me explain:

i had an interesting conversation about race and racial identity today and it got me thinking about how white and non-mixed race Asian people view black and black/white people.

can you differentiate between black and biracial? do you have a different set of (unconsious) stereotypes towards each?

i understand that colourism and the favouritism of lighter skinned black (most often biracial) women is a big problem in the black community, but do these same opinions exist in other racial communities?

my guess would be that the answer is no, considering the amount of racial abuse meghan markle, someone i consider white passing, has received for her racial background from the white English community.

it would be helpful if you could state what country you’re from - i realise that race is approached and viewed differently in different countries. im from england.
3
1