1 mo

So, I basically haven't been having the best of times lately and I even got this message... so does the Suicide Prevention Hotline actually help?

Thankfully, I've quickly gotten over suicidal thoughts from thinking about main positive aspects of life , but I no doubt have been feeling depressed lately at the least.. but I have a couple questions;

I saw similar questions before, But has anyone changed their thoughts after calling the Suicide Prevention Hotline? Some people told me before that if you call that they can take you to an "asylum" until you are not suicidal anymore for "self-harm reasons" if the case is bad enough... Is that true at all?

Also, I've seen Un-hidden comments from people who were depressed on G@G before, and I've even tried to them in the past whenever I wasn't suicidal myself.. but has anyone ever gotten a moderator message like in the image with their comment hidden? Just curious.

Final thoughts, feeling suicidal is one of the worst things you could possibly think of.. and if it's severe enough it can even lead to self-harm on top of that... I feel bad for anyone who is suicidal or even depressed at the least. Some may think of people as "weak" when considering suicide, but they should know how it feels before assuming that, as they'd have no clue how it Truly feels for them.

In the past, I actually thought that I would just 'give up' to suicide and I felt so ashamed, It was like trying to answer all of life questions at the same time whether to even just attempt it or not..

Thankfully I stopped myself, but even tho It wouldn't have been a lethal jump most likely anyway, my thoughts just ran 'wild'.

But this is how it feels; you stand there, feeling so much sadness and maybe a lot of stress as well (maybe even many thoughts running wild as well) that suddenly you Literally cannot feel any more emotion at all at that point, which means that you feel that you've reached the point of zero emotion which allows you to be able to answer the Final "yes" or "no" to 'end it', but there are no take backs after that.. it's just sad.

Thank you greatly for your time reading/answering
2
2