29 d

Should gun owners have to shoot an animal to get a gun licence?

Even though I hunt and own guns I am very much against the idea of guns for protection. Military history across the world has shown that under fire most people either freeze, wet themselves or aim to miss. Even though most people claim they could kill the statistics prove otherwise. The commandment thou shalt not kill is ingrained in most of us.
In both world wars very few were shot in the trenches even when a short was possible. This lack of trying infuriated the officers. Most were killed by shelling or when they went over the top. The actual killing was done by only 2%.
Even in modern wars it's common for soldiers, particularly enlisted ones, to surrender without ever firing a shot.
My point is I doubt many gun owners could actually kill someone. Yes they would point and threaten but few could actually pull the trigger and take a life.
There is one simple test to prove otherwise and that is to put a bullet through the head of an animal at close range. Yes Its not quite the same as a human life but if you can't shoot an animal you can't kill a human.
17
6