1 d

What would you prefer?

So, this semester I'm having a class about therapeutic relationship and how we should proceed in a Rogerian framework and we were having a debate about how direct should the therapist be. Imagine you are with a psychologist, you might have asked him a personal question (which can be something out of bounds) or maybe you did something he really disliked or something like that. Would you prefer him to be honest and direct about it? Or try to be as nice as possible? Remember that sometimes being honest can end up being harsh.
Nowadays most psychologist pick up the honest path as that structured interview-like therapy has been dying off quickly. And yes, I know there are some people who are currently more fragile and we need to be careful, a therapist main worry should be his patient and not if he's mad or not.
What would you prefer?
I would prefer him to be nicer
I would prefer him to be more honest
GirlGuy
What would you prefer?
1
0