2 d

Are you more experience oriented or goal oriented?

Being experience oriented means you care more about how you feel about the experience of something than what outcome you get out of it. Such as drinking coffee because you enjoy the process of making it, its smell and taste, and drinking it from your favorite cup.

Being goal oriented means having an outcome or goal in mind to do something. Such as drinking coffee only because you need the caffeine to mark you feel awake.

I'm very experience oriented. Even in competitions I've only won the prize if my attention was on the experience, enjoying what I'm doing and learning from it, interacting with people blah blah, I feel like I outperform others when I'm not even focused on a certain goal of outperforming others. And every time winning an award was the goal in my mind, I could hardly ever succeed unless I've gone through a lot of training/practice. Even in school I used to get top grades only when I was curious and enjoyed learning by myself and I literally fall apart and struggle to pass if my target is getting a specific grade. Maybe enough hard work could get me the desired outcome, but that process gets me entirely mentally drained, stressed and depressed.

I know it's the opposite for many other people, but I have noticed in myself that I am very experience oriented. It doesn't mean that I never do anything goal-oriented, I do if it's something very short-term. I hate coffee but often drink it only for the caffeine.
2 d
Guys, being experience oriented doesn't mean that everything in your life is about experience and being goal oriented doesn't mean that everything in your life needs a goal. Whether or not we like the process we all have to maintain some things in life.
22
7