14 d

Have you ever been denied car insurance because of your past even though it's all dropped off of your license?

Like 3 years ago I got 2 speeding tickets within a month. I paid both of them off. But my license was suspended for a period because I didn't pay my fines. I finally got it cleared up. It's been 3 years since I got the tickets. So in NC all points are written off and you are reset at 0. I have insurance and pay $67' a month. However prior to the tickets I was paying $45 a month. I wanted to see if I could get cheaper. The agent I went to that has Erie, Progressive, National General, and Auto owners said they can't cover me because of my history and they go back 5 years instead of 3. Some go 3 some go 5. They even said if I even got it the first year monthly payments would not be a option and I would get a penalty for cancelling my current insurance early and going to another carrier. It's not like I've had a DUI or a vehicular manslaughter. It's just speeding which 99% of people have probably gotten. One was even dropped to improper equipment which carries no points.
1
2