14 d

Have you ever been denied car insurance because of your past even though it's all dropped off of your license?

Like 3 years ago I got 2 speeding tickets within a month. I paid both of them off. But my license was suspended for a period because I didn't pay my fines. I finally got it cleared up. It's been 3 years since I got the tickets. So in NC all points are written off and you are reset at 0. I have insurance and pay $67' a month. However prior to the tickets I was paying $45 a month. I wanted to see if I could get cheaper. The agent I went to that has Erie, Progressive, National General, and Auto owners said they can't cover me because of my history and they go back 5 years instead of 3. Some go 3 some go 5. They even said if I even got it the first year monthly payments would not be a option and I would get a penalty for cancelling my current insurance early and going to another carrier. It's not like I've had a DUI or a vehicular manslaughter. It's just speeding which 99% of people have probably gotten. One was even dropped to improper equipment which carries no points.
Have you ever been denied car insurance because of your past even though it's all dropped off of your license?
Add Opinion