10 d

What to do about neighbors that make you feel like you can’t do what you want at your own home?

Anonymous
I live in San Francisco in a garden/ basement apartment where my landlord allows me to smoke weed as long as it’s outside. Both myself and Boyfriend do smoke quite a lot. We would of course smoke inside if allowed, but have to stick to our porch area to do so. Sadly it’s within 20 feet of our neighbors porch as well and their back door. They leave the door open most days, and like to sit on their porch for meals and get togethers.

but boy oh boy they totally hate us! We overheard them talking about how they love their place except that it smells like smoke 24/7. There is very little we can do with the space we have, but weed is legal in our town and especially legal to smoke on private property. I do all I can to mind my own business myself by not making eye contact with them, trying to go inside if they have guests over, and keeping to myself. But I definitely feel uncomfortable, as do they!

any suggestions to make both parties more comfortable?
1
0