1 mo

Is there one specific thing you cannot handle above all else, what is it?

Aguysopinion4799
Throughout all my experiences in life, I have been told by friends that I am pretty weird for being able to be unaffected by a lot of situations be it gore, social humiliation, horror etc.

But what has always and quite strongly always been a big weak point on me is that I cannot handle looking at self harm wounds, I can handle talking to a person on the subject and helping them stop, but if my eyes meet the scars or wounds then I feel dizzy or really unwell and panicked all at the same time.I never hurt myself, but I think that it became a really scary image in my mind when I saw my sister at a young age for a little moment do it, and then after that I was looking for others in my school who did it and there were girls with baggy sleeves and it got scarier and scarier and let's just say when I found out how many boys and girls did it, at such a young age as well, it just set in stone a fear of seeing it again I guess...

I don't disgust people who do it, I want to help them as much as possible, I try my best to feel comfortable with the situation when helping them but in reality it is just as scary for me.This isn't related to a recent thing that happened, I was just reading a new manga online and it is a romance but goes through a storyline of the girl in depression, often showing her with cuts and she stops doing it when she gets support from a guy and from therapy and her parents, so far it is really good but it made me remember how bad I am with that stuff and felt like asking others what they absolutely can't handle.

For reference the manga is called from nightmare to love, I'm reading it on Mangakakalot but if you find it elsewhere and you like it then cool, I'm only saying all this because I feel like this genre is taking a different route for a romance but that is a different story, I felt like adding it since it was related to why I thought of the post ^_^
2
7