15 d

How to deal with inevitable pet loss?

Anonymous
I know this is such a stupid thing to worry about. My dog is currently healthy, but he’s really getting up there in years now, and the thought of him someday dying is devastating to me and I can’t stop thinking about it and feeling guilty if I can’t walk him for like 5 hours a day. I always worry about if I’m giving him enough mental stimulation each day so he’s happy and not bored, and whether or not he knows how much I love him.

He’s such a beautiful fur baby. I am so scared for that inevitable day. Has anyone out there dealt with the loss of a pet? What have you done to cope? How long does it take to recover, especially with the first one? After he passes I don’t imagine I could open my heart again anytime soon, and even if I did, I can’t imagine it’ll feel the same because each fur baby has its own personality and experiences that come with them. I think I might even feel like I betrayed my original one.

Don’t really know what to do.
How to deal with inevitable pet loss?
2
1