1 mo

Every job I do with the same demographic of people ends up being poor or a bad experience. How should I handle this?

MCheetah
I'm annoyed. I just had to cancel an order with an unprofessional seller.

I get artwork and music done by artists who I commission. One was supposed to do a song for me, but this musician has been lazy and spent the past three weeks on personal things and has been slacking off, as I was told last week.

I finally get a demo from the musician and it's total crap. They didn't follow any of my instructions. They then had the audacity to tell me that I only get one more "demo" attempt and that I would have to accept the order after that, regardless of what they produce.

This musician is an American female. Nothing against my fellow Americans, but I've been working with artists all around the world for four years now. From art, to music, to voice work. The only two demographics I've had negative experiences from, have always been North Americans and women. They've always been overly entitled, under-talented, and very lazy. It's mainly North Americans, but sometimes women from other countries will also be lazy.

I explained to the seller that she can't just make two half-assed demos and expect me to pay her, regardless. The site we use agrees that the seller isn't paid until they fully complete their task. But she didn't care and had the same "take whatever half-assed dog piss I make in 30 minutes and give me money for it" mentality that every other American or Western Female seller had.

I canceled my order and told her the truth in why I did. And she tried to use the "ista-phobes" BS against me, despite her proving my worries accurate.

So here's the question: IF EVERY NORTH American OR FEMALE SELLER ENDS UP BEING UNPROFESSIONAL OR UNTALENTED, SHOULD I STILL MAKE EFFORTS TO HIRE THESE SELLERS?

What could have been done differently here?
Her
Her
Her
Her
Her, me, me
Her, me, me
Me
Me
Her
Her
Here's the sh*tty demo I got after waiting three weeks, by the way. I can tell she made it in like, 30 minutes or less.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18EnLHMwBJlXcETgJOJvltlfA63HZOdRj/view
1 mo
I ran out of room to type above, but I also did NOT agree to the BS she claimed about "two demos only." I even pointed out to her how stupid it would be to agree to pay for two "attempts" to make something, especially if the seller could intentionally do a bad job just to get me to pay more. I gave her very specific instructions and reference music for what I was going for, and she made something that used none of the elements I requested.
2
7