Does race matter in choosing a partner?

Of course you can answer anonymously, I prefer you remain honest rather than give a "safe" answer.

Me personally, I find myself attracted to women of every race and would not hesitate to initiate a relationship if we were compatible.
  • Absolutely
    Vote A
  • Yes with a few exceptions
    Vote B
  • Undecided
    Vote C
  • No with a few exceptions
    Vote D
  • Absolutely not
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i would like to say yes but I don't know if I would want to. after making a list of the guys I wouldn't date I was left with black or white guys lol seriously.

if I were to date a girl. race would never matter (I don't date girls, I had one girlfriend in past)

and I would never date any guy with extreme religious differences or a super small d***, if I have a son id want him to least be average.

im not racist but I don't agree with practices or lifestyles of a lot races

0|0
    0|0
    • "practices or lifestyles" would be more cultural / social than racial, but of course you don't have to agree with everything (but should tolerate it) because if you did then you'd have no identity.

• i do. I have friends of all races and colors but I would not date some of them because of what I said above. I dated a middle eastern girl but I would not date a guy from the middle east for quite a few reasons. certain races act have particular practices/lifestyles I do not agree with. I myself would not date a ghetto black man becasue I am not ghetto and my kids will not be ghetto. just a preference. guess pple will say I'm stereotyping, but I basing this on what I have seen. no more spcae

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• It wouldn't matter that much to me. But as far as initial attraction goes, my preference is for anything naturally white or tan... I've never been attracted to darker guys, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Just a matter (or lack of) preference as of now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Background: I'm half Asian half White.

There have been hot/nice guys from any race (black/white/asian/other) that I've been attracted to and would probably date. However, because of where I live and my lifestyle growing up, the majority of guys I'm attracted to have been white. This is both because I live in a mainly white area of America, and because of socio-cultural similarities and differences. So I don't think it's about race at all, but instead about similar backgrounds.

0|1
    0|0
  • yesh lol

i not attracted to Asian guys even thou I'm Asian I don't know why and I won't date Muslim not because I'm not attracted to them its because of religion lol

other race will be okay XD I'm not racist :p

2|1
    0|0
  • race doesn't matter to me, but I do find (more specifically with white guys) guys outside of my race are really hung up on me being black.

not criticizing, but it's either some sort of jungle fever curiosity conquest, or if we seem to be heading in a more serious direction (or simply have a debate/discussion about interracial marriage) it becomes the center of attention: you're black it means this that and the third.

i also find that guys are surprised that stereotypes are very wrong sometimes... I cannot tell you how many times (and again, this is just specific to my experience) white guys have been like 'what, you like that band?' or "you don't eat that?' or "wow you're so___________ (fill in positive attribute that isn't usually used to describe black women)."

maybe it's the white guys in my neck of the woods, but it's like a total mind freak when they deal with black women lol

0|1
    0|0
    • You answer entertains the hell out of me. best part was "wow you're so___________" lol.

If it counts for anything, I'm a "white" guy (not really though, jordanian/italian) and I think being black is pretty cool.

• Show All
    • your welcome and thanks for the compliment :-) I was born here (i'm a first generation) but I know the cultures and the languages as well as that of the USA. it's a unique position to be in. I would say the common thread in my upbringing is: #1--help people out #2--family is very important #3--good food :-) More blacks than whites outside my race I'm friends with are the same way, which is why we get along so well.

• i'm such a foodie! never had jordanian food, but italian food is where the party's at! lol the portions are out of control in the most awesome way. those are three staples in my home as well. I do find that to be more common among people who are more culturally connected... I'm first generation as well (haitian) so I know what you mean. oh and people from the south, regardless of race, have the same values. it's such a weird contrast between the north and south in the USA.

• most definitely! I think it is more of a concern with women than it is with men, just from what I've seen. I'm not racist but the stereotypical questions get to me, all because of ignorance towards my "race" I would rather avoid it all together.

0|1
    0|0
  • No :) I basically have and am currently in a relationship with a white man. And I absolutely love him.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am mostly attracted to white or lighter skinned guys, but it's more about appearance than racial background. But there are hot guys in every race and I would not reject a person based on race alone.

0|1
    0|0
  • doesn't matter to me in the slightest, if I like you then I don't give one solitary f*** about your race/religion blablabla.

0|2
    0|0
  • well I tend to go for my own, cause different nationalities value different things and are raced in different ways. So I think that can easily ruin a relationship, unless at least one of the partners are really open to the other ones nationality. Plus my mom wouldn't like it either and who wants to go thought the guilt trips haha.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah because we have to have things in common culturally and be able to relate. Plus, this is gonna sound a bit racist, but I don't like dealing with people of other races when they ask stupid questions lol. you know those stereotypical questions people ask black people? it's like damn do you google? it just makes you feel weird and too "different" and I don't like it, that's why I have to have someone who already gets me. plus if things get serious down the line I don't want to deal with too much drama from either side of the family or when your walking down the street

2|1
    0|0
  • lol men saying "absolutely not" and women saying "yes or absolutely" more so than men. That makes me laugh. And they call men shallow and focused on visuals... lol.

1|1
    1|0
  • Race does matter in general, but it doesn't matter to me. As long as I find that person attractive as an individual, I don't care what her race is.

0|1
    0|0
  • race no background yes

2|2
    0|0
  • It does to some people, it doesn't to others. Does it really matter? To each his own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I do not date Asian or Black guys, I don't know why, I am not racist or anything, I am just not attracted to them in anyway shape or form.

1|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes