Which gender usualy does more work to be romantic?

which gender usually does more work to be romantic?

by which I mean who tends to go out of their way to be romantic or doesn't have to be asked by their partner to do something romantic for them.
  • Men initate romance more often than women
    Vote A
  • Women initiate romance more often than men
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Men do most of the work when it comes to Romance, although women have a role in it too.

I think if a girl loves a guy truly she will automatically be romantic to him.

This question somehow opened my eyes.

I haven't been in a relationship but I like Romance, and this question made me not just think of what I'd like to receive from Romance but what can I give to the guy I love in the future.

Thanks! :)

0|4
    0|0
    • no problem. thanks for your answer and I wish you luck in your future romantic ventures.

• Show All
    • I'm not looking for a perfect person, I'm looking for a man not a male is you know what I mean! :)

There're many males but the men are very few. :)

• lol. I think I understand what you mean now.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Men do it more because they may think they need to, either to up their chances of getting some, or just because a lot of girls expect him to be that way... so he adapts. I think that even though girls typically enjoy romantic behaviors/advances, they expect it all to come from the guy and don't usually initiate.

0|5
    0|0
  • Men do it because women like it.

Similar to the reason that women dress up in fancy but uncomfortable underwear more often then men. Its not because women are more visual.

1|2
    0|1
    • might be me but I think it would be nice for a woman to do romantic things for me. not all the time but every now and than would be good.

uncomfortable underwear? you do know most girls underwear are way softer than boxers.

if you are talking about thongs I'm not a fan of them.

• if your boxers aren't soft, you're doing something wrong.

Men appreciate a certain amount of romance. Most at least. But it is a little different. I think Len value feeling desired a little more (not that women don't) and women value feeling cared for a little more (not that men don't).

• Most of my friends the woman is more romantic, hence why I voted B. They are the ones making the effort and buying the little gifts.

I think men are better at the big, grand gestures though. Obviously, I'm not saying men aren't romantic at all, or that no men I know are romantic, just a general from people I know.

0|1
    0|0
  • Come on, this has been beaten to death already. Guys.

0|3
    1|3
    • I haven't seen this question on GaG. I may have missed it though.

• I love how I'm being downvoted for this. Not one woman here has indicated one thing that they do to work for romance. Look at all the men defending their points.

• hmm I think personally that girls try to do more romantic things regularly. But a guy doing a romantic thing he doesn't do it always and is a rarity so that makes it more romantic. :D lol

0|0
    0|1
    • you see girls asking a guy out to lunch and bringing him flowers?

hum... can you tell me what you think of as romantic?

• Show All
    • isn't expressing feelings just a normal part of a relationship? if so than I'm one of the best romantic's I know in person.

• some people find that difficult to do. I'm not saying gestures like gifts are not romantic. but being romantic doesn't necessarily mean buying things.

• I think both do it about equally but men do it because they're hoping to get laid and women do it because they genuinely love the person that they're with.

1|0
    0|7
  • men do ! at least that was what came first to my mind and I still agree with that thought . . . :)

0|2
    0|0
  • women are generally the ones that prefer romance, so any work they do to be romantic is entirely of their own prerogative.

0|0
    0|1
  • I think both do there's just some people in both groups that truly lack it

0|1
    0|5
  • men of course men do more work for everything in human civilization that's just a fact

0|1
    2|2
  • All women really have to do is show up and decide if they want romance with the guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men

0|5
    0|0
  • women

0|0
    0|6
    • may I have 2 examples you've seen in real life of a woman say buying a guy "flowers" or paying for a meal?

• Show All
    • I got some facts for you to read...

link

Realize, your anecdotal evidence of your own personal life is not the reality of the world.

• Lol. I'm very much aware that my reality isn't everyone's reality. Thanks for your facts. I'm overcome by this feeling of sheer enlightenment.

• Us bro's do all the work, brah.

0|2
    0|1
  • both the genders , both have their plans ...

0|1
    0|2
  • Omg men! Its very nice :)

0|1
    0|1
  • definitely guys. Woman expect the romantic stuff to be done to them

0|4
    0|1
  • men because we are the one who created Fairy Tale and Prince Charming trends that really hypnotized women's emotions.

0|2
    0|1
    • Are you sure men created the "prince charming" to me it seems more like a woman's fantasy how they think men should look and act. Which could explain why allot of women try to change their man.

• come on! who created kingdom? who invented vehicles ? who invented palaces and luxurious life ? who invented beautiful gardens ? who invented money? men did!

• men were the ones who started and stopped slavery on women. there were men who didn't want to enslave women. instead they preferred to impress them by creating inventions in science or art. we are the ones who started creating romantic and supernatural stories.

• When was the last time a woman bought a man flowers, took him out on a first date and paid for everything, bought him an engagement ring, or proposed to a man? Romance is simply the domain of men, and women expect it. A woman sees herself as the prize, and the man as the pursuer.

1|6
    1|1
    • You know, That what you are assuming to be romantic can be seen as romantic or bothersome. If someone paid for everything on the first date and just bought me flowers all the time, I would be feeling helpless. Like I coud do nothing to make my other person happy. I think it's sweet but not romantic. Romantic is when he takes you to an dinner under the moon in the woods/park or when you experience something together that makes both of you so happy. An relationship is about moments not events.

• Show All
    • More men might be willing to hook up less if they thought the woman was something substantial. The fact remains, the average man has never been romanced in his life. It might be a pleasant surprise for him.

• lol at your response. I should wright an article titled "why women should romance men"

Recommended myTakes