What kind of humor is Juno?

I find almost everything in Juno funny yet a lot of people don't think it's funny at all. I know it's a different kind of humor, what kind do you think exactly? The humor in Juno reminds me of the humor in Jennifer's body.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They were written by the same screenwriter, Diablo Cody, that's why they're similar.

It basically just snappy, sometimes witty, dialogue, and oddball situations. There isn't really any development to it, as in, no jokes build over time for a big payoff. Just a bunch of slang terms, and snarky one liners. Not saying that it's bad or anything (Jennifer's Body, as a film, was horrible) it just is what it is.

1|0
    0|0
    • Interesting that they're written by the same screenwriter, never knew that. It is horrible but for some reason I love it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• i haven't seen jennifer's body,but as for juno-it relies on reactional comedy-the faces,looks that people give after hearing something so stupid they just...stare. and on witty replies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Juno is a realistic, life-based comedy. Basing humour on real life situations and problems that real people face. I found it to be a funny film and I believe it had a good message and had an uplifting ending but of course, some people won't find things funny and others will.

Personally I hated Jennifer's Body with the passion and thought it was a complete waste of my time and money. It is probably the only film I can think of as now that I detest that much. It just didn't give me anything, I can't remember there being any humour in it and if there was I certainly didn't like it. In comparison I don't think that the films were alike at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dry humor perhaps?

1|1
    0|0
  • Quirky

1|0
    0|0
  • it had its awkward teen humor & some funny stuff mixed in but I thought it was a sad movie.

1|0
    0|0
  • They probably don't think that teen pregnancy is funny it's not so much the humor.But I think it was funny overall lol

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes