What kind of humor is Juno?

I find almost everything in Juno funny yet a lot of people don't think it's funny at all. I know it's a different kind of humor, what kind do you think exactly? The humor in Juno reminds me of the humor in Jennifer's body.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• They were written by the same screenwriter, Diablo Cody, that's why they're similar.

It basically just snappy, sometimes witty, dialogue, and oddball situations. There isn't really any development to it, as in, no jokes build over time for a big payoff. Just a bunch of slang terms, and snarky one liners. Not saying that it's bad or anything (Jennifer's Body, as a film, was horrible) it just is what it is.

• Interesting that they're written by the same screenwriter, never knew that. It is horrible but for some reason I love it.