Can guys get over a girl in a day's time?

In the past few months, there has been a guy pursuing me quite openly. Although he never outright confessed, he has hinted his feelings a few times. However, until I can be sure of his feelings, I've tried to play it cool when possible. For the past few days though, I noticed that he stopped contacting me like he used to, and even when I initiate, his responses are very short. It seems like he's uninterested even. Could a guy really get over his feelings for someone in just a day's time?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, if you think a guy is interested in you, and you downplay this instead of asking him about it, then of course he's eventually going to lose interest. He's probably either preparing himself for one last attempt at gaining your romantic attention like it's a shootout at the OK Corral, or has decided to give up entirely. And if it's the former, and he's bracing himself for it, then theoretically, he could get over you in a day because he has decided that he has nothing to lose by making the approach at this point.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• If he had genuine feelings for you, than it would take longer, but it doesn't sound like you gave him much of a chance to develop those. He never go to get close to you because you tried to play it cool and push him away.

So yeah, he didn't have the chance to form anything more than a light crush with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you werent dating so he probably never had that many feelings fore you to start with... Ill text a girl poems and bulllsh*t like I'm Shakespeare if I wanna hook up with her, but if I get the vibe that she's not interested Ill stop. Probably what happened with your boy.

0|0
    0|0
  • He was not into to you. Being nice could be practice for another girl. I know there was a time my friends and I would flirt with less attractive women to practice our skills. Sad I know but true.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but it depends on the guy and what he wanted. The guy could just be really flirty with a lot of people.

It becomes harder to get over a girl when the guy is more emotionally invested in the girl and whatever friendship/realtionship they had.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It takes much longer. He's probably trying to keep himself from getting hurt or trying not to humiliate himself too much by pursuing a girl who may not be interested.

If he was interested yesterday, he's still interested today. Trust me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hm yeah its possible. I know that I have done that. At first I'm all into a guy and the next I'm not :/

0|1
    0|0
  • he tried for a few months & you didn't give him a reason to continue. maybe he realized that it wasn't going anywhere & finally reached his limit. maybe he finally found someone who was willing to give him a chance/more reason to pursue her.

guys can be on & off. but we can also make up our mind & compartmentalize things where one event/experience ends & another starts. we have our oh sh*t realization moments where we just think wow wtf I've been wasting my time.

sorry to sound harsh but I'm trying to really be honest.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly believe guys are hot and then cold...some are players, not saying he is, but it is possible he lost interest. he can also be waiting on you to open up to him, and seeing if you have feelings for him. initiate it girl> what have you got to lose?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes