YouTube video: how do you feel about men and women confrontations?

link

god that seem so painful. but what do you think about situations like this? Do you fault the guy although the girl hit him?

I think so because I think girls need to stay in their places. She shouldn't be acting like that from the beginning.

How do you feel about situations like this?

Best answer goes to the person that 'analyze' the situation.
Clarification: when I said "girls need to stay in their places" I mean stop trying to "bulk" up to guys especially sense guy are generally physically stronger and more powerful. I think some girls try to take advantage of the fact guys shouldn't hit girls. Ultimately no one should hit anyone. However, all to often in my experience girls try to bulk up to guys and talk all big and bad not expecting the consequences.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• (0:00-0:21) verbal altercation between female and male driver while bus is in motion

(0:21-22) bus comes to stop and door opens (verbal altercation continues to 0:28)

(0:29) female strikes driver once while he is sitting down in driver’s seat defenseless

(0:30) female takes a step or two back, distancing herself

(0:33-0:36) driver gets up, takes a step towards her, and strikes her

(0:37-0:40) driver grabs her and throws her off the bus

(0:45) female is seen up and on the bus again

(0:46) driver seems to be trying to force her off the bus again

(0:47-0:52) struggle ensues with both the female and the driver having their hands on one another, but the driver seems to have the upper hand with a front choke hold and throws her to the floor

(1:01-1:07) female gets up and attempts to strike driver 4 times (it’s difficult to tell if she connects with any of them, but the driver uses his hands and arms to block/fend her off

(1:08-1:12) it appears the female is trying to continue to strike the driver, so he engages her and gets her in a hair pull

(1:12) driver lets go of her hair and passengers try to separate her from

First off, I think the driver should have done a better job of diffusing the situation from the beginning by just using words. This could have prevented a physical altercation.

In self-defense, the general rule is to use enough force to stop or neutralize the threat and escape. The driver has a commitment to protect the passengers, so running away and leaving the passengers isn’t ideal.

At (0:30) the threat already stopped, the female attacker already distanced herself and stopped, so there was no need for the driver to get up and participate in a physical altercation (0:33-0:36). He should have just reported her assault and battery to the police and give video footage as evidence. He also in my view used excessive force when striking her.

From (0:37-0:40), instead of grabbing the female and throwing her off the bus, the driver should have given her verbal commands to get off the bus and warn her that if she won’t then he will use reasonable physical force to get her off (assuming it’s within policy). If she were to physically attack him while he was trying to escort her off, then he would be justified in defending himself with a reasonable amount of force.

From (1:01) to (1:12), the driver is justified in defending himself, because the female is continuing to strike him.

The female was the instigator throughout and was clearly wrong; she needs to learn respect. The driver did some things right near the end, specifically from (1:01) onward. But he did things wrong from the beginning up to (0:52). More self-restraint and additional training on his part is recommended, so he will be better prepared.

So, that's my analysis.

How do I feel about situations like this? Sad and angry. I also feel people should do a better job of treating themselves and others with respect.

• edit: ...better job *to diffuse* the situation

• The bigger, stronger female driver would (and should) receive the same evaluation as the male driver.

Another significant point is “Don’t stir up a hornet’s nest.” People, whether male or female, shouldn’t cause unnecessary trouble.

The other significant point is “Don't put your hand in the lion's mouth then pray that it won't bite.” It’s just wise not to pick on and start a fight with someone who is bigger and stronger than you, regardless of gender.

• E.g., it was unwise of the girl to pick on the male driver, and it would be equally unwise for her to pick on a bigger, stronger female driver. If she chooses to pick on someone bigger and stronger, then she should be ready to receive the consequences. Not being prepared to receive such consequences will hopefully be a learning experience and cause one to think twice.