What region of which country are you from and for what seasons do you stock clothes for?

For example, do you have a collection of scarves and make a mental note of nice or cheap gloves? Do you have a winter hat, wellies or grips you put on your shoes?

And do you have a stock of summer clothes?

I'm just curious. I was speaking to a Brazillian lady who said she found the cold difficult when she came to England and once I read that the British fashion has a lot of layering in it because of the weather changing so quickly. As soon as September ends, people start getting their winter stuff ready and most people have an umbrella at the door.

However, up north, closer to Scotland, they are more prepared for the snow and ice. I have only recently decided to buy ice grips.

My brother went to Tokyo once and said that lots of people in Japan don't have central heating. In Siberia you can get loans for expensive coats.

Which region of which country are you from and what do you have?

I know it's a strange question to ask, but I'm actually curious. People have such different lifestyles.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Scotland... waterproof.

even if its summer... waterproof :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha. I would love to go to Scotland (not for the weather). But sometimes in the winter, you see that Scotland has all the snow and I wish that I lived there lol.

• yeah the highlands are stunningly beautiful at any time of the year but especially in winter.

• in the highlands you can get 4 seasons in a day :)

it can be glorious sunshine one minute, raining the next, snowing 5 minutes after that.

I live in central scotland and because of geography (being an island with lots of mountain ranges ) we get a LOT of rain as air comes in from the sea, rises over the mountains, cools and drops it all on my head :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I have a mix of summer and winter clothes but lately I haven't got enough winter clothes. I mostly need things like gloves, waterproof clothing and thick jumpers to keep warm. I live in England and currently its winter, Without this stuff I've just caught a bad cold lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I live in the desert southwest. The only stock of clothes I have are shorts. I wear them all year & they wear out quickly.

I have 3 winter shirts. Long sleeve denim shirts of various thickness for evening activities & a few long sleeve T shirts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm from Kentucky, USA and I have clothes for both summer and winter since our winters can get pretty frigid here.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm from south Florida. I have tons of short sleeved t-shirts for all times of the year, a few hooded sweatshirts for if it gets kind of cold on occasion in the winter. I got business type clothes for doing business. I've also got an umbrella for summer, because it almost rains every day here in the summer. All the rest of that stuff I'm totally in the dark about. We really don't have seasons here. At most we have summer (really hot and humid) and a fall/spring combo where it cools down for a little bit. We don't have changing of the leaves, or frigid temperatures and snow. I'm glad summer is almost over. The air was nice this morning. My birthdays almost here so the next few months should be good. =)

0|0
    0|0
  • I am from Singapore.We have 12 months of summer here :( and we don't stock up any clothes unless we are travelling to Other countries that have seasonal changes. :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes