Do you remember, Sailor Moon?

This questioned, is inspired by my new icon thing. Which is

of Sailor Moon and the other chicks lol in the cartoon. I use

to watch it, I really liked that show! : ) Obviously, I watched

the American version and I had no idea it originated in Japan.

I guess it was one of those anime type things, that people

like. Anyway, whatever it was, it was awesome. So, did

you watch it? And, do you remember this show?

Who was your favorite one: Sailor Moon, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Mercury, Sailor Venus or Sailor Mars? And, I didn't know this,

but I guess in the Japnense version. There is a: Sailor Pluto,

Sailor Uranus, Sailor Neptune and Sailor Saturn. So, you pick

from them to, if you want.

Thanks! : )

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not only do I remember this show, I know the whole theme song by heart. Not because I've spent much of my younger years watching it but because theme songs from the 90's have been burned into my brain.

"Fighting evil by moonlight..." -Laughs-

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha, that's funny. So, what other theme songs from the 90's, do you remember? I'm very curious,

to know.

• Show All
    • Hahaha! Thanks XD

• You're welcome : )

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes! :D

AS a young girl my best friend and I would talk about it religiously. She was a great artist and she drew Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask :)

I remember his pet name (bullying at it's finest :D!) for her...meatball head.

That show was so amazing...over the summer break I started watching episodes online.

My favorite character was Sailor Moon and Luna and Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter

0|0
    0|0
  • Fighting evil by the moonlight, Winning love by the daylight

Can't believe I used to watch this and was one of the few anime I could watch at the time, but back then we didn't have good internet (dial up nonsense). Sailor Moon was my favorite for being the comical one. Favourite season was the one with the Prince exiled on the dark moon who was a descendant of criminals and was betrayed by some face-less sorceror.

1|0
    0|0
  • In the original(Japanese) version two of the Sailor Scout's(other chicks lol) where lesbian lovers. So tho's two would probably be my picks. The original show had nudity and violence as well. Like most anime and manga that come over to North America. Shame really.

And I didn't really watch it that much. It was kind of bonkers, I was more of a Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z kid.

0|0
    0|0
    • Hold up, two of the chicks, were lesbian lovers? Shut the front door! And, the original show had

nudity and violence? Well, bust my buttons! I did not know any of this,which two were lesbians?

• LOLIRL! I had to actually had to wiki it but, Uranus and Neptune were openly gay in the original series.

There was probably a lot of other homoerotic stuff going on there too. I mean, there ARE wearing sailor suits, mirite?

• yes I do! I never watched it but I had a friend who used to draw Sailor Moon all the time cause she was her favorite character! I was pretty young and we didn't have a TV set at that time at home so never watched it! good times! great memories! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • It's also getting an all new anime... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUiewJt80eQ July 5th, Announced July 2012

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember that cartoon! :-D

Besides Sailor Moon herself, I liked Sailor Mars (she was tall and leggy; yum), and Sailor Mercury (the blue hair was awesome!), the best. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, sometimes my sister would make me watch it, but I would rather watch pokemon or something. The only sailors I could remember was Sailor Moon, and the little girl sailor.. I don't know why, but I remember the little girl one the most... :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I remember it :D .When I was younger,I loved it so much .

I liked Mercury ,Jupiter ,Neptune ,Uranus and Pluto a lot. But my one true favorite Sailor Scout was Sailor Venus.

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember being a young kid and seeing the first English dubbed versions of that and the original "Dragon Ball" on my local syndicated TV station.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a kid I got turned on watching the cartoon cuz of the short skirts, and skin tight outfit. I also got into. sailor moon hentaI as a kid cuz of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I loved that show, my friends and I used to pretend to be the sailor squad in the school yard.

0|0
    0|0
  • Wow Sailor Moon just barely I remember it.. It was around '95-'97 no?

0|0
    0|0
    • To be honest don't really remember, what year it was on. But, that sounds about right.

• Yeah Just checked the Wiki and 1997 was the last time it aired on TV so yeah my range was right.. lol

• Sailor Uranus must have gotten a lot of smack for her name from the others.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, I was just waiting for someone to comment on that name. You know, know matter

how times people explain it to me, I still don't see the humour in that word.

P.S. I like you're icon picture thing, it makes me smile : )

• Well, the mention of the anus is funny to a lot of people. Everyone needs to grow up. But yeah, Sailor Uranus.

• I remember it but that was more of my sister's thing, I watched a lot of Pok√©mon and Dragon Ball Z.

0|0
    0|0
  • I loved that show!

1|0
    0|0
  • I hated it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I liked sailor moon best

1|0
    0|0
  • yes I remember it

0|0
    0|0
  • yea she was hot

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup,she was ok...

0|0
    0|0
  • oh god...that show

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I remember it back in the 90's.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know this is old seeing how it doesn't say how long ago this post was made, but all 200 episodes are being re-dubbed this time uncut and unedited. One edit was that there were two sailors that were lovers, but the American 90's version edited it so that they were cousins. The new dub will have it uncut with them being lovers and not cousins.

Season 1 is 46 episodes of Sailor Moon. Season 2 is 43 episodes of Sailor Moon R, Season 3 is 38 episodes of Sailor Moon S, Season 4 is 39 episodes of Sailor Moon SuperS, Season 5 is 34 episodes of Sailoer Moon Sailor Stars. So, a total of 200 episodes. On top of that a new series is coming out with 26 more episodes called Sailor Moon Crystal.

The first 4 episodes Subbed have just been aired on Hulu.com today and 2 new episodes will be available each Monday. In a couple more months from now, the dubbed version will start appearing on Hulu.com. They are in the middle of dubbing it right now.

It aired on Toonami from 1998-2001. I remember watching it right when I got home from school. Toonami started at 4, I got out of school at 3:30 and I got home around 3:55. Dragonball Z was also a classic that I used to watch all the time on Toonami. I was 7 years old in 1998 and I remember having a crush on Sailor Mars and Sailor Jupiter. From that day on, I preferred dark haired girls over blondes. Plus Sailor Moon being a whiny little girl gave me a negative impression on blonde girls. Which was ironic considering that when I was 7 I was extremely blond. I also had a crush on Mini Moon, but seeing how she was 8 and I was around the same age it wasn't as creepy sounding as it sounds if I were to say it now as a 23 year old guy haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • So I'm the only one who thought it was weird that Tuxedo Mask was in college and Sailor Moon was in Junior High/Middle School?

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, I don't really remember that part, but that is kinda odd.

• Tuxedo Mask was 21 and Sailor Moon was 14.

• Wow, that's pretty big age gap. But, it is a cartoon, so they can away with a lot in cartoon world.

• My life revolved around Sailor Moon back in the backpack days. Sailor Jupiter was my favorite, then Sailor Saturn.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I remember it good times then.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, I remember haha

i recently watched a few episodes online and I forgot how annoying sailor moon is with how insecure & whiny she is haha.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes