When was the last time you saw an anti alcohol or drug commercial?

when was the last time you seen an anti alcohol drug commercial?

please tell me where you are from, what you remember of the commercial and your reaction to it.

I don't think I seen an anti alcohol commercial in over a year perhaps two years. it was so bad it was funny, like the movies you watch just to make fun of them.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In Canada, we get them quite frequently. At least, my region does. I'm always seeing anti-drug commercials on such as "This is the pill that killed her" and "Marijuana is a gateway drug" and "Don't drink and drive because you WILL get caught". Maybe it's just because America's anti-drug awareness budget sucks ass? :P

1|1
    0|0
    • I've just read that you're Canadian, haha. Maybe you're watching the wrong channels?

• perhaps. the channels I watch most are comedy channel, discovery, history, and the sy-fy channel.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• im form nz and we had a really good one for not driving drunk. everyone talks about it as it was funny and it was aimed more at teens then older people. also we always have driving while on drugs is bad ones too. https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=dIYvD9DI1ZA this is the ghost chips one

0|2
    0|0
    • wow. that video is one of the most sensible commercials I've seen for not driving drunk in a long while. most of the ones I notice border on the side of being silly because they are unbelievable.

• a while ago, it had to deal with these kids going to go smoke & the kid said "nah, I'm go study I'll catch up with you later.."then the guy who overheard the conversation in the restaruant let him have a free meal.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've been watching the MLB playoffs and there's been nothing but commercials for Miller 64, Kettle One and so forth. I did see one Patron advertisement that was a PSA for not drinking and driving, something I'd never do.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't remember actually. They show a lot of commercials about texting and driving nowadays but I can't place when I would have seen one geared towards alcohol or drugs. The meth ones are rather memorable but its been a while since I've seen one of those...

0|1
    0|0
  • i think I seen some withing this month. I'm sure I have.

i don't do any drugs so I don't pay attention much

0|1
    0|0
  • They don't do it as hard as they used to in the 90's, because people would make fun of the subject matter. Most of the time, the anti-drug commercials were the first time that a lot of kids even heard of drugs... and since they were so ineffective, they actually caused an increase in drug use among youths.

0|0
    0|0
    • makes sense I guess. out of the few I've seen only like 40% of them look like they could happen in real life.

• ...don't remember the last one but I remember the first one from the 80s:

https://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

"parents who use drugs, have children who use drugs"

0|0
    0|0
  • Never seen an anti alcohol psa. Too big of a lobby. I have in occasion anti drug psa but not in a while. Good point!

0|1
    0|0
  • In Texas they have the whole don't drink and drive but not anti drinking stuff.

0|2
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|1
    • the fact it's the same guy twice I think it's home made. I've been around people smoking weed and they never make me take a puff because they know I don't want to.

• Show All
    • That's why I am in graduate school on the Dean's List. I must be lazy, forgetful and depressed. LOL.

• haha. I see.

Recommended myTakes