What would a guy mean by *blushing* *butterflies*?

My male friend started flirting with me and I've found myself falling for him. I texted him telling him I was falling expecting him to reply that he only wanted friendship. Instead he replied *blushing* followed by *butterflies*. Wtf could he mean by that? I'm looking for guy opinions, cause I'm not sure if butterflies mean the same to men.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• They mean they exact same thing. Maybe even more so since it's rarer for guys to feel butterflies from a girl's words / actions.

0|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Means the same thing, I really doubt it's rarer and it's not homosexual, I get it all the time around girls I like :P.

0|2
    1|0
  • did he literally say butterflies? that's a red flag for being queer.

0|0
    0|1
  • You've made him blush and a little nervous, but he's possibly exaggerating to tease you.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea, but I am guessing he is totally into you.

1|0
    0|0
  • He is blushing.

His stomach has butterflies.

1|0
    0|0
  • Here's a tip. Trade the ugly a guy has and put pretty on him and vice verso for her. They basically have the same feelings and neither would notice the difference, except she would suddenly have girl problems.

0|0
    1|0
    • Incorrect. The brain works measurably different especially in the centers of the brain known to be responsible for emotion. There is debate as to if these differences are a result of genetics or if it's a result of cultural expectations and bias, but regardless the differences exist.

Oh.. I'm not the one who down voted you by the way ;)

You are "mostly" right in that men and women are both emotional creatures and have all the same basic emotions.

• One thing that is starkly different is that a woman's mind will identify individually different emotions at the same time. What this means is that physically a woman can be experiencing multiple emotions at an one moment.

Men's emotions can shift around quickly but at any one time our minds identify one singular emotional state of being which can be the culmination of multiple chemicals, but we don't experience more than one state at a time.

It's fascinating :)

Recommended myTakes