How do I stop being so awkward?

Every time I talk to the guy I like I sound so stupid and I don't make any sense I wish I could tape my mouth shut -__- I hate it

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you say that is so odd? Examples?

0|0
    0|0
    • It's not what I say it's just how I am around him. Like I can say hey and be totally awkward lol

• Show All
    • That's exactly it to. ;)

• No harm in speaking the truth. If he's a decent guy, he'll roll with it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I think it always starts with being a conscious speaker. Think before you speak. I do that sometimes, where I get really excited about something, say it, only to find out it has nothing to do with the conversation and I sound dumb. So, just think before you speak and it is a big easier.

Worst case scenario, be a great listener and advice giver!

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to remember the last time you made a bad joke around a group of people, and nobody laughed. How awkward it felt.

Now remember the last time someone else did that. What was your reaction?. I bet you just shrugged and didn't make a big deal about it.

Sometimes what we feel is totally awkward and think we f***ed up big time, isn't nearly as bad as it seems. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • doubt you sound as bad as you think. guys like girls. we can get by a lot of stuff and not measuring every word. if you have his attention just smile and relax. you do not have to sound perfect. just interested in him. but to help. maybe ask him questions. let him do the work.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some guys think its cute. Maybe you don't need to change, maybe you just need to own it.

Be yourself and be honest about what your feeling in the moment and it won't seem so awkward anymore and people will understand you better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well its better than me. When I talk to a girl I like, I can't form words! No joke.

Don't hate it, learn to accept it and improve. Don't expect greatness instantaneously, just improve.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ha I can hardly form words myself...sometimes I mess up my whole sentence...like I'm like crap!

• you are intidimated by him ,just talk to him like you are talking to a random guy in a store

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes