Girls, do you have a "nice guy turned horrible" story?

Being on this site for as long as I have, I have heard plenty of "nice guys can be just as bad as jerks", "I knew nice guys that turned out horrible", etc.

---

Please give an example of yourself, or someone you know, that was involved with a guy that seemed "nice&sweet" or "anti-jerk/a**hole" at first impression...

...

...but turned out to be a "horrible guy" (jerk, emotionally unavailable, possessive, stalkerish, manipulative, etc).

Please be detailed about what this guy did to appear "nice&sweet", as well as what he did that made him a "horrible guy".

---

Anonymous is allowed if you want the protection to answer this question.

Thanks for fueling my curiosity; and feel free to guess the Pokemon! :-D

80

Most Helpful Girl

• Well - I don't really know what you mean by 'nice guy' but I guess I have a story.

There was a guy I knew pretty well. He worked in one of those late night places that people go to after clubs close to get food. So yeah, we met there and he was always real chatty, but not flirty or anything. Just seemed nice.

I guess after a while we became sort of friends. We'd talk. Text sometimes. Hang out - but not all that often. I mean it wasn't like we were anywhere near dating or even really friends, just people who were friendly towards each other.

I'd got to a pub after the club shut - I don't really like to eat after I've had a drink. And usually when the pub shut was the same time the food place shut and sometimes he'd give me a lift home if we were both leaving at the same time.

Then like a couple of months down the line; he was dropping me off after a night out on his way home. He just drove straight past my house, locked the doors of the car and kept driving round for like twenty minutes. And then just pulled over and tried it on. I mean ... not too badly - he didn't go too far. But he was definitely more forceful about it than I would have liked; and was a bit slow to take no for an answer. Eventually I unlocked the door and walked home. After that he became a bit stalkery. Called me all the time; off other people's numbers too so I wouldn't know to ignore it.

Text me loads.

But yeah - I don't know; I guess maybe you could say I led him on a bit; but I genuinely didn't know he was interested in anything more than friends, like I said, he was never really flirty with me, just chatty and friendly. So yeah - definitely took me by surprise.