So it was just my birthday and I got a bunch of money, so what should I do with it?

Buy something? If so, what? Donate it? Where? Save it?

What are your opinions?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Save it. I'd tell you to invest it, but I don't think you know how.

0|0
    1|0
    • Don't judge me. I've put thousands in an IRA, just sayin

• Show All
    • I also have mutual funds. I just don't have time to research all those stocks and pick

• If you have a mutual fund, then put the money into it. You probably have more than enough to cover subsequent investments.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Save it

You may seem financially secure now, but you never know when you're going to run into trouble. And at your age it is best to start developing smart money choices.

2|0
    0|0
  • I save almost all of my money. I'm not the shopping/splurging type. I know I'll need it someday, so that's why I don't spend such large amounts at one time. But I do treat myself to something special once in a while if it's practical, like a new shirt or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was me I would save some and go have fun with some of it. Your birthday only comes once a year. Go celebrate a little and treat yourself to something nice that you enjoy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say save it all, so when you need or really want something later, you'll have the funds for it.

You can never fully anticipate the future, so don't blow your large funds of gift money so quickly! :-D

0|0
    0|0
  • Good headphones. That's the type of thing I need and never want to spend money on because it's so damn expensive. I usually rather spend $100-200 on a few books or on 2 swim suits than on a pair of headphones but if I had that extra money to spend, I'd definitely purchase those. If not, what can be useful at school is a mini-laptop (textbook) or a tablet. If you're a reader, an e-reader would be nice too. If you don't have a care in the world for those things but you're stressed out and wanting to relax a little, a spa week-end or something like that would be nice - manicure, massage and all that stuff. I never go but I would if I had extra money to splurge.

As you can see, I interpreted your question as "I have money that I want to spend. How do I spend it?", not as "Should I or should I not spend that money?". If that was the question, I personally probably wouldn't spend most of it because I'm a student and my budget is tight.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm a student as well, but I already have a laptop, tablet, headphones...I just don't know what else I could get so I'll probably just save it

• Well happy birthday!

I'd say treat yourself to some nice clothes, that's what my sister usually does.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you want to donate. . .

Water Is Life

link

0|0
    0|0
  • its your birthday go spend it... go to the spa or take a trip with your boyfriend or something enjoy your birthday :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Save it for later, never know when you need money

trust me, I didn't save mine.

1|1
    0|0
  • How much?... If you care to tell! Keep it and maybe wait to spend it on something important!

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe buy something that you've really been wanting and save the rest for a rainy day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Give it to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Send it to this address..West 106th 566 # 18 Manhattan NY 10023. Thanks in advance.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd go shipping but you are better of saving it.

0|0
    0|0
  • save it

0|0
    0|0
  • Bank. Save for your future.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes